Warning About Singapore For Tv

Hello, I'm in Singapore now and want to warn others thinking of going here for a new tv to consider other places.

I have in my passport a previous non-imm o (3 month) from homecountry (Norway), followed by a ve (visa excempt)

entry, followed by trip back to europe for one month, followed by a tv from kuala lumpur.

Before that I staid five months in the begining of last year in thailand (combination of one tv

and ve-entries), for my first time in thailand.

Today I was denied a tv from singapore, quoting I do not seem like a tourist since I have been going in and

out of thailand many times, from the moslem non-asian lady accepting applications.

I originally thought she was the nasty one, but I turned out to be wrong, as she later turned out

to be acting from strict instructions by her boss, a rather unpleasant person.

I requested to speak with her boss (the ambassadeur?). After 4 hours of waiting,

the boss granted me an audience. She declined to explain what "letter of the regulation"

I had broken, just repeating that I do not seem like a tourist and that I need to stay out

of thailand for one month.

I think I should not have any problems getting some 30 ve entries again, so have purchased the

cheapest planeticket out of thailand to show when I get back to thailand, while I evaluate

what to do for a longer term.

So, be warned.

Singapore has been strict with issuing more than one tourist visa for quite some time.

It is not the place to go for a visa run unless you are getting your first tourist visa, or have the correct paperwork and reasons for getting a Non Immigrant B or Non Immigrant O visa.

Bummer. Even though I read the regularly, I was not aware of that. I just remembered it being

mentioned favourably in relation to non-imm when provided with correct paperwork.

Guess I'm off to vientieanne before my 30 days are up, then.

Thanks.

Singapore was more favourably mentioned in relation to the wife visa under the now extinct 400k rule.

I was under the impression that Singapore still wanted to see 400K for a Multi-entry "O" visa based on marriage. The extinct part is the 400K option of "extension of stay" based on marriage if you weren't already in system.