Thai movies we like with English sub

Yinn

If anyone can find a link to the old 70/80’s movie called Pi Sua Dik Mai (butterfly and flower) with english subs, it’s a lovely movie set in the south with southern dialect spoken. Another old one to look out for is “Hell Hotel”... brilliantly directed 

This a favorite, a corny romantic comedy but its good to see what Thai people laugh at and laugh at themselves.

ATM Er Rak Error 2012.jpg

watch with ennglish subs

https://cholanadramamovie.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/thai-movie-atm-er-rak-error-2012/

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If anyone can find a link to the old 70/80’s movie called Pi Sua Dik Mai (butterfly and flower) with english subs, it’s a lovely movie set in the south with southern dialect spoken. Another old one to look out for is “Hell Hotel”... brilliantly directed 

Here is butterly and flowers,you need to go to settings to turn on english subs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Hell Hotel is a hard one to track down, its Thai title is Rong Ram Narok, English title was Country Hotel or Hotel hell.

• Like 1

Monrak luktung was the most famous and successful film of the 70's the country/city theme along with several good songs made it a hit for months in the cinema when released in 1970. This is an 80's remake, the original has not aged well and is almost unwatchable. although the audio is still ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last executioner was not bad but can't find the full film, from what I remember went off the rails into the supernatural unfortunately. Quite a few obviously innocent shot dead over the years including three very famous ones in the 50's.

• Like 2

Its often hard to track down Thai movies, because you can set google to Thai and search for Thai name in Thai script etc, or you can search for the phonetic translation (the Thai name in English script) , or you can search for it English release name.

For example, one of my favorites is a 2014 movies called "The Teachers Diary"

คิดถึงวิทยา,  is the Thai name in Thai

Khid thueng withaya is the Thai name in English

The Teachers diary, is the English name in English

Knowing what to search for is half the challenge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Last executioner was not bad but can't find the full film, from what I remember went off the rails into the supernatural unfortunately. Quite a few obviously innocent shot dead over the years including three very famous ones in the 50's.

Another good one,

An interesting scene in that movie that says a lot about Thai superstition etc, where they go to shoot the criminal and the gun jams/fails, rather than check/replace the gun they proceed to search the criminal because he must be wearing a lucky amulet that is protecting him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Another good one,

An interesting scene in that movie that says a lot about Thai superstition etc, where they go to shoot the criminal and the gun jams/fails, rather than check/replace the gun they proceed to search the criminal because he must be wearing a lucky amulet that is protecting him.

I met the Thai guy whose life the film was based on, smashing guy, sadly no longer with us.
I met the producer some years ago, he hold me that the film wasn't going to be released on DVD, and I think it only has subs when I saw it, I have heard that it might available on Netflix.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gene1960 said:

Is it only a trailer?

sorry, confused, as usual. 

Full movie.

No problem. It difficult if you not read thai well. Is ad website=  want you to click the ad.

1)you must look screen under the trailer screen. HD Thai (yellow)

2)click on the “x” to remove box ad. 3-4 times

3) click on the “skip ad” ((I circle it red)  Also then 3-4 times. 

4) then the movie start. Have no more ad.

5BABF37D-66D8-40EF-990B-0FCB96FA2AAD.jpeg

98A9758B-9B7E-4BB7-ACE7-21CFE2C54CEF.png

Edited by Yinn
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Full movie.

No problem. It difficult if you not read thai well. Is ad website=  want you to click the ad.

1)you must look screen under the trailer screen. HD Thai (yellow)

2)click on the “x” to remove box ad. 3-4 times

3) click on the “skip ad” ((I circle it red)  Also then 3-4 times. 

4) then the movie start. Have no more ad.

5BABF37D-66D8-40EF-990B-0FCB96FA2AAD.jpeg

98A9758B-9B7E-4BB7-ACE7-21CFE2C54CEF.png

Thanks, Khun Yinn. Understand now. Indeed, my Thai is rudimentary. 

On 1/31/2020 at 8:45 AM, Orton Rd said:

Sorry Orton. 

I look everywhere for this with English sub. Errrghhhh. Can not find it.

i think internet not have it.

• 4 years later...

It's awesome to have a space where we can all share our favorite flicks from Thailand. I'm totally on board with the two rules - gotta keep it authentic with Thai movies and make sure we can all understand with those English subs!

Posted (edited)

Thanks a bunch for starting this Thai movie thread! "Monrak Transistor" sounds like a gem. I'm a sucker for a good blend of genres, and this one seems to have it all - comedy, romance, musical, and even a touch of crime. Plus, anything directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang is usually a good sign. Thanks for the heads-up on finding the English subs, though. Sometimes those pesky pop-ups can be a real hassle, but I'm willing to put in the effort for a good movie to watch. Thanks again for kicking things off, Yinn!

Edited by HukoKamb

Just now, HukoKamb said:

Thanks a bunch for starting this Thai movie thread! "Monrak Transistor" sounds like a gem. I'm a sucker for a good blend of genres, and this one seems to have it all - comedy, romance, musical, and even a touch of crime. Plus, anything directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang is usually a good sign.

Saw it twice in Bangkok, very good film with nice soundtrack, pity they dont make more like it. Famous song by Suraphon

Best ever Thai music film bio, of Pumpuang Thailand's greatest country singer played by nong Paowalee, like Pumpuang also from Suphanburi. The Moon, went to see  it 3 times.