I Have Never Seen These In Pattaya?

actiondell4

Been coming to Pattaya every year for my holidays and never saw.................

RSL /Leagues Clubs- For those that dont know we have RSL Clubs in Australia,Very large social clubs that are owned by the members that sell alcohol,poker machines have entertainment and 5 dollar dinners etc,neither have i saw a lawn bowling club,actually i think theres one in soi bukhow come to think of it.

Backpackers lodge-never saw a backpackers place,the real ones that have dormitorys and cater to backpackers.

Funeral Parlours- never saw a funeral parlour in Pattaya,what if a farang dies?

Cemetries- Where are the cemetaries to visit?

Horse or Greyhound racing-Do they have horse racing in Bangkok? do they even have greyhounds in Thailand?

Public Libraries- Where are the public libraries?

public Parks- Cant find a park in Pattaya?

Been coming to Pattaya every year for my holidays and never saw.................
RSL /Leagues Clubs- For those that dont know we have RSL Clubs in Australia,Very large social clubs that are owned by the members that sell alcohol,poker machines have entertainment and 5 dollar dinners etc,neither have i saw a lawn bowling club,actually i think theres one in soi bukhow come to think of it.

Returned and Services League, not sure the RSL applies in Thailand. But I presume you mean "or similar". Personally I do not belong to any clubs or social scenes like that but there are a few around, Thai society isn't really conducive to RSL type of places, for one the 5$ meal would be outragously expensive :o

Backpackers lodge-never saw a backpackers place,the real ones that have dormitorys and cater to backpackers.

Never been a backpaper outside of Aust. But I did stay in the Dorm style your thinking of in Broome at the Roebuck Bay hotel. I am sure others might have some idea of where to find a backpackers resort in Pattaya.

Funeral Parlours- never saw a funeral parlour in Pattaya,what if a farang dies?

Try the local Wat.

Cemetries- Where are the cemetaries to visit?

Plenty of Chinese cemetaries around, but most Thais and even farang who die and stay when dead are cremated. Not sure what happens to the ashes, spread around the Lamyia perhaps?

Horse or Greyhound racing-Do they have horse racing in Bangkok? do they even have greyhounds in Thailand?

Gambling is illegal. But I am not into Horses or the Hounds so others may have a better answer mate.

Public Libraries- Where are the public libraries?

What soi is that again?

public Parks- Cant find a park in Pattaya?

They are everywhere, they just don't look like the public parks back home thats all.

Hope others can fill in the blanks for you mate.

1 Pattaya has a big amount of social clubs only they are not based on gambling as Gambling is not permitted by law. otherwise lots of social clubs in Pattaya, Sports clubs, Rotary clubs, motorcycle clubs, all kind of clubs

2 Backpackers hotels??? Why have a backpacker hotel with dormitories as you suggested as a backpacker can go sleep in a single room for the price where in other places but Pattaya sleep in a dormitory. Pattaya is the City where hotel rooms are cheapest in the country no backpacker hotels can compete with those prices.

3 funeral parlours?? According to Budhist believes the death person stays a certain amount of days in the house and then gets transferred to a monestary where he gets cremated. What if a farang dies? He is transfered to the appropriate Embassy.

4 Cemetaries??? there are planty cemetaries in and around Pattaya on your way to sri racha for one you have a big one allready not budhist but a chinese cemetary. Also in Soi Bokuaw there is one large one.

5 Horse racing. The Royal Bangkok Sports Club has a world class horse racing track near Lumpini Park where officialhorse racings are held on a regular base. As said earlier gambling is not allowed in Thailmand though horse racing is if bound to very strict rules and regulations. So in order to be able to gamble on horses you need to be licensed and a member of the RBSC. For that same reasonHorse racing is not allowed in Thailand but I am sure it happens in places underground.

6 Public Libraries?? If I am cooorect there is one in Soi Bokuaw somewhere right? Maybe people moreinto books can help me out here but I know fort a fact there is a big library in Bangkok in one of the universities there.

7 Public Parks??? First of isnt Pattaya itself not a big enough public park for you?? Second if you mean a park with walk paths and trees there are several in the Pattaya region actualy too many to mention one of them on top of Budha Hill.

So I hope next time around you get your eyes out of your pockets and actualy try to explore Thailand and you will see Pattaya has much more to effer then the bars and girls you seem to visit frequent.

1 Pattaya has a big amount of social clubs only they are not based on gambling as Gambling is not permitted by law. otherwise lots of social clubs in Pattaya, Sports clubs, Rotary clubs, motorcycle clubs, all kind of clubs

2 Backpackers hotels??? Why have a backpacker hotel with dormitories as you suggested as a backpacker can go sleep in a single room for the price where in other places but Pattaya sleep in a dormitory. Pattaya is the City where hotel rooms are cheapest in the country no backpacker hotels can compete with those prices.

3 funeral parlours?? According to Budhist believes the death person stays a certain amount of days in the house and then gets transferred to a monestary where he gets cremated. What if a farang dies? He is transfered to the appropriate Embassy.

4 Cemetaries??? there are planty cemetaries in and around Pattaya on your way to sri racha for one you have a big one allready not budhist but a chinese cemetary. Also in Soi Bokuaw there is one large one.

5 Horse racing. The Royal Bangkok Sports Club has a world class horse racing track near Lumpini Park where officialhorse racings are held on a regular base. As said earlier gambling is not allowed in Thailmand though horse racing is if bound to very strict rules and regulations. So in order to be able to gamble on horses you need to be licensed and a member of the RBSC. For that same reasonHorse racing is not allowed in Thailand but I am sure it happens in places underground.

6 Public Libraries?? If I am cooorect there is one in Soi Bokuaw somewhere right? Maybe people moreinto books can help me out here but I know fort a fact there is a big library in Bangkok in one of the universities there.

7 Public Parks??? First of isnt Pattaya itself not a big enough public park for you?? Second if you mean a park with walk paths and trees there are several in the Pattaya region actualy too many to mention one of them on top of Budha Hill.

So I hope next time around you get your eyes out of your pockets and actualy try to explore Thailand and you will see Pattaya has much more to effer then the bars and girls you seem to visit frequent.

very good answer Dirk

but probebly better for this TOURIST stay homeland

Some extra answers:

Funeral Parlors- never saw a funeral parlor in Pattaya,what if a farang dies?

The embalming of the body gets done I think by either one of the volunteer based rescue squads (Sawang Boriboon in Pattaya, they also maintain the Chinese cemetery) or the temple. They probably can handle Farang bodies as well.

Cemeteries- Where are the cemeteries to visit?

Most cemeteries are indeed Chinese, plenty big ones around. They had a big Chinese style exhumation at the cemetery on Soi Siam Country Club Road.

The Catholic church on Sukhumvit road (just before Father Ray's orphanage) has a Western style cemetary. I'm sure the people there can also refer to a funeral service.

Public Library is on Soi6, believe it or not. :D
HonestlY!! how many readers have been asked the way to the Library by an australian male tourist in thailand :D 99%of them head straight for the girly bars and never leave them!! till deeply in love they get back on the plane to fly home and dream of the next trip to paradise :o but I guess this comment could cover any single man from anywhere in the world,after their first trip to Los,thank heavens I am to old to remember the delights of my first cold Singha and Lipovitan chaser in the company of what I hope was a beautiful lady in down town Ubon :D Ninoy