Water Testing

Beardog

hello

contact wet systems, he/they always do a spread in thaiproperty.com his name is steve i think, i know getting water tested is not cheap. a few thousand baht per sample i think. you will see his magazine spreads/articles in the said magazine and you can view it via the internet so no need to go out and buy one.

He lives somewhere down jomtien i think.

Kind Regards

What are you testing for ?

Chlorine content ?

Salmanella ?

Water borne viruses ?

Faeces contamination ?

Rust ?

The only way you will get 'pure' water is if you distill it and keep it in a sealed, airtight container

as an experiment, get a bottle of tap water and put it in the sun, get another bottle of water (Evian is good enough) and put that in the sun

The tap water will turn green, the Evian wont, but it is supposed to be fresh water with nothing added or taken away, and why has it got a 'best by' date on it ?

Edited by pepsi666

Checking mainly for possible bacteria(feces-as quai key is used a lot in the fields here) & harmful Bacteria. I do not think there is a rust content as I have seen no red sediment in the initial dig or the water itself.

It will stay clear in the sun(at least for a week I have noticed.)

I buy bottled water to be safe anyway & it is sounding cheaper to do that or put in a water system in 8 months to a year when we build the house.

Thanks for both of the responses........Much appreciated

Worth checking up on how much it costs for a test, I have been told the opposite, that it only costs a couple hundred baht per sample.

Maybe they just drink it though and the test result states...'tastes ok...tastes bad...tastes like mud...tastes like shit' etc.

Edited by MrSquigle

• 10 months later...