Thai Police To Announce Paedophiles Blacklist

george

Police to announce paedophiles blacklist

BANGKOK: -- The Thai police will soon release to the public a list of 50 indicted Western paedophiles and their photographs that it has received from European police, Pol Maj-General Wimol Pao-insaid Friday.

Canadian Christopher Paul Neil, who was arrested last week in Nakhon Ratchasima following a global manhunt, is ranked 13th on the list, said Wimol, commander of the force's Children, Juveniles and Women Division.

All 50 people on the list are men. Most of these men are accused of sexually abusing underage boys, though some are alleged to have targeted young girls. Most of them recorded their sex acts with children and distributed the images on the Internet.

Wimol said that the list was prepared by a network of European police forces with Interpol's help.

He gave the details of four men on the list who have already been arrested by his division, all from Chon Buri province. They are German Andreas Hueinger, 55, who was arrested in December 2006; Italian Enrigo Dellea, 48, in February 2006; Australian Jason Jenkins, whose arrest date is not known; and German Jjorg Rudolph Fiedler, 43, in March 2006.

Other men on the list on the run in Thailand, and for whom warrants have been issued, are American Grant Richard; 61, Briton Stephen James Allison, 55, and Finn Ilkka Ylikojola, 55. All three men were also based in Chon Buri and were last seen there.

Wimol said most paedophiles exploited children's innocence to prey on them. The lowest amount reported to have been paid to a child in exchange for sex is Bt200, he said.

He said his division worked with Immigration Police to arrest suspects when they tried to enter or leave the country.

-- The Nation 2007-10-26

Canadian suspect's lover denies involvement

BANGKOK: -- A Thai transvestite who was key to the recent arrest of alleged Canadian child molester Christopher Paul Neil has denied providing victims for him.

Identifying himself only as Oam, the Chaiyaphum native said Neil once asked him: "Why would I need other boys since I have you with me?"

That comment was in response to Oam asking Neil about rumours that he had frequently paid for sex with underage boys before the two met a few years ago.

Oam said Neil even refused to allow him to undergo a sexchange operation and kept complaining about an unsuccessful cosmetic operation to make his face look more feminine until he corrected his facial structure to its previous look.

Oam said he met Neil a few years ago in a Pattaya beer bar where he moonlighted as a crossdressing bar girl in addition to his day job as an Internet cafe clerk.

"The moment I saw his face, I knew right away that he was my soulmate," he added.

Oam said Neil was impressed with him because he offered to let him use his camera after Neil lost his. Oam said he first had sex with Neil on Koh Chang, off the coast near Trat, a few months later when the two agreed to further their longtime relationship.

Oam said he took Neil to his home in Chaiyaphum's Chatturat district and he was well liked by locals. "Everybody likes him. He is a decent person and friendly with everyone around him, children or adults. He is welcomed by all my neighbours."

He said he and Neil were planning to open a restaurant in Pattaya and he had borrowed Bt300,000 from his mother to set it up before Neil was arrested by police on October 18 in Nakhon Ratchasima, where both were in hiding at a home owned by Oam's relatives.

It has not been decided whether Neil will be extradited to face charges of child molestation and statutory rape in other countries apart from facing prosecution in Thailand for two cases of allegedly violating underage boys four years ago.

Oam has not been charged with any criminal offence despite his apparent assistance in providing a hiding place for Neil - a felony under Thai law.

--The Nation 2007-10-30