Lost Moments And The Great Wall

visionary

Do you find that there have been great moments of bonding with others that have ended either by a careless action or inexplicable circumstance? Have you encountered inexplicable emotional walls that you can't push through no matter how hard you try? This an area of interest that I have never been able to understand.It has affected me on almost every level of interaction with others from the political to the romantic and everywhere in between. I wonder if these experiences are unique to me or if they are a tragedy of human existence that we all suffer from. It seems to me that it should be possible to get past lost moments and return to the magic moments that seemed so promising.

Not sure exactly what you mean to say but magic moments are always there although not always with the same people. For example I‘ve made some great friendships over the years with people who became friends because of great moments of bonding as you call it. Due to work, moving to different cities, countries etc. you get out of touch and the only thing left is the memory of past magic moments of bonding. In a way that is sad but on the other hand there’s plenty of people around so enough opportunity to create bonds with new people.

I guess in the end it depends on your own state of mind how you deal with these kind of things. Some people can’t let go and others are more easy to cherish the moment for as long as it lasts without thinking back.

Do you find that there have been great moments of bonding with others that have ended either by a careless action or inexplicable circumstance? Have you encountered inexplicable emotional walls that you can't push through no matter how hard you try? This an area of interest that I have never been able to understand.It has affected me on almost every level of interaction with others from the political to the romantic and everywhere in between. I wonder if these experiences are unique to me or if they are a tragedy of human existence that we all suffer from. It seems to me that it should be possible to get past lost moments and return to the magic moments that seemed so promising.

post-9005-1193427640.gif uhmm.... if you say so...

I guess in the end it depends on your own state of mind how you deal with these kind of things. Some people can't let go and others are more easy to cherish the moment for as long as it lasts without thinking back.

Over the tears I've tried to discuss this subject with people seriously into psychology and counselling. Usually they go into an ice cold retreat. That seems to suggest that everyone struggles against unknown emotions over ruling their conscious decisions. Almost everyone is willing to discuss passion overpowering their intellectual intentions but it seems that no one wants to admit to inexplicable inhibition over riding their chosen pursuits.I suppose that in our sexually supercharged culture any admission of subconsciously chosen inhibition in any form is equated with an admission of sexual frigidity. The inexplicable crippling inhibition that I am seeking to understand is something I have seen affect many people in many different circumstances.

I guess in the end it depends on your own state of mind how you deal with these kind of things. Some people can't let go and others are more easy to cherish the moment for as long as it lasts without thinking back.

Over the tears I've tried to discuss this subject with people seriously into psychology and counselling. Usually they go into an ice cold retreat. That seems to suggest that everyone struggles against unknown emotions over ruling their conscious decisions. Almost everyone is willing to discuss passion overpowering their intellectual intentions but it seems that no one wants to admit to inexplicable inhibition over riding their chosen pursuits.I suppose that in our sexually supercharged culture any admission of subconsciously chosen inhibition in any form is equated with an admission of sexual frigidity. The inexplicable crippling inhibition that I am seeking to understand is something I have seen affect many people in many different circumstances.

Are you OK ?

Here's your Great Wall and I climbed it. Just think of it and your own questions... :o

btw: just saw you're from Alberta/Canada. Maybe the West Edmonton Mall got to your nerves. I can understand as I spend quite some time there once. Quite a depressing place...My advise ? Have a climb on the Great Wall and you'll understand the difference and maybe you'll find the answers to your questions...GOOD LUCK

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Are you OK ?

Here's your Great Wall and I climbed it. Just think of it and your own questions... :o

btw: just saw you're from Alberta/Canada. Maybe the West Edmonton Mall got to your nerves. I can understand as I spend quite some time there once. Quite a depressing place...My advise ? Have a climb on the Great Wall and you'll understand the difference and maybe you'll find the answers to your questions...GOOD LUCK

LaoPo

I'm fine. Unexplained inhibition is a subject that has always interested me. I have experienced it rarely and have witnessed it in others more than myself. When I have observed it in others I haven't known how to deal with it strategically. As an example I have had community service allies that were excited and passionate about a particular pursuit in several meetings. One day you meet them and they are cold as ice . You continue working with them in difficulty, if you can, wondering what has soured. Usually I don't pry when I see walls come up in other people, in some cases in which I had asked what was wrong, the other party did not know where their wall came from. Sometimes you see it arise in mid conversation for no apparent reason. It is very irritating when you have to abandon a conversation or pursuit that has experienced an unwarranted emotional collapse.

cultural programming.... behavioral patterns;;

change one small variable and u get new different behaviors (u see it with animals all the time-- ' my dog never bit before, until i moved the chair, changed his food, we had a baby, got married, got a tv, whatever...' the dog deals with the change which to us is not a very relevant change always, but to an animal that likes steady predictable readable circumstances, it makes him feel uncomfortable and he reacts...

this is the first question any animal behaviorist or good vet will ask about an animal-- where there any changes, even small seemingly insignificant ones, that occurred before this change in behavior-- so, we react the same way.

people dont always like intensity; so get very intense in an unusual situation and then draw back to where they were before; or get overly agressive due to the change (but people repress aggression and change it to other actions)...

and as most thai would say; u think too much... stop wondering about why people feel the way they do at any given moment. its just they way they feel. period.

cultural programming.... behavioral patterns;;

change one small variable and u get new different behaviors

It would take a great deal of effort to determine what unknown variable would cause an unpredictable subconscious emotional response in someone. That is not an endeavour you would be able to pursue casually or quickly with someone that you met recently or infrequently.Explorations of the subconscious mind are very risky as well. They can easily lead to intense fear or anger , both of which are worse than simply losing the joy of the moment. It may be that the reason I have never found a popular book on the shelf related to the subject is that it is too complicated a subject for too small of an issue for most people.