Dhl In Pattaya

whatchamacallit

I live in Jomtien - do you know any DHL office closest to Jomtien?

Chon Buri's a fair drive away but they may have local office, give them a shout:

Chonburi

DHL Express International (Thailand) Ltd.

789/51 Moo 1, Nong kho-Laemchabang Rd.

Nongkham, Sriracha

Chonburi

Eastern Region

Tel. 038-348-011-9

Mac

Safe Independent Co. Ltd in Jomthien Compex still handle DHL as far as I know but I think they add on a bit. Phone 038 303 863

I find it better to have DHL come to me. Local phone is 038 711 274 but last time I called it didn't answer and I had to phone Bangkok 02 345 5000. DHL guy was here within the hour.

Edited by Tammi

Dhl can also be located at the shop upstairs at Tops they have Dhl Fed ex & Ups . They recomended Fed eX to be the best & cheapest carrier in and out of Thailand.

They were right nearly 800 baht less than DHL .

good luck

Beardog

All the previous locations are agents, often accepting all the other companies such as fedex...

The real DHL office is on Sukhumvit, about 100 m before the North Pattaya road junction when driving towards Sattahip on the left hand side.

The real Fedex office is on Naklua road, on the Windmill Plaza.

All the previous locations are agents, often accepting all the other companies such as fedex...

The real DHL office is on Sukhumvit, about 100 m before the North Pattaya road junction when driving towards Sattahip on the left hand side.

The real Fedex office is on Naklua road, on the Windmill Plaza.

The place in Tipp Plaza IS a real DHL office !

Naka.

I stand corrected :o

I really thought it was one of these generic offices doing DHL, Fedex, postal EMS etc...

Come to think of it, I guess I'm confusing it with the place in the Soi Dianna gallery, behind kiss food and drink (if they still exist!)

I'll put in a plug for the Thai EMS service. Any Thai post office will send it for you. It's not cheap either at 600 baht for just a letter, BUT, it does get there quickly and the dozens of times I have used it, I have never had a problem.

Fed-Ex is by far the cheapest at the moment and their office on the windmill plaza off Naklua Rd is really good, very efficient and I have had no problems with any of their deliveries much better than EMS for overseas deliveries but for with in Thailand I would recommend EMS delivery which is cheap and excellent.

• 1 year later...

I stand corrected :o

I really thought it was one of these generic offices doing DHL, Fedex, postal EMS etc...

Come to think of it, I guess I'm confusing it with the place in the Soi Dianna gallery, behind kiss food and drink (if they still exist!)

Been yesterday at the Tipp Plaza office to send some documents. Wanted to pay by credit card. The staff insisted to charge me the 3% visa card fee. Only after I called the bank and she called her manager they gave me a "discount" of 3%.

I have reported this case to DHL in Bangkok and keep you posted about the outcome (if any).

In case any of you face a similar problem, you can get the name of the Manager at the webpage of the GTCC (German Thai Chamber). At DHL, the e-mail addresses are [email protected]

:D

This question has been asked (and answered) so many times!!! Why can't people do a bit of searching on the ThaiVisa site before posting their questions?

Maybe because the TV forum search engine is a piece of sh!t... try it some time. Plus such questions as most reliable courier, best pizza, worst bar, rental rates, taxi fares, etc., are all fairly dynamic where something posted last month (or more likely last year) is either irrelevant or obsolete.

Then again, maybe I do it just to push some members buttons!

I'll put in a plug for the Thai EMS service. Any Thai post office will send it for you. It's not cheap either at 600 baht for just a letter, BUT, it does get there quickly and the dozens of times I have used it, I have never had a problem.

Slight thread hijack here.

Gary A, both you and EmCross recommend EMS for local deliveries.

I have a cellphone and personal mail that needs sending from Pattaya to Udon. I know EMS are reliable with important documents (all the embassies use them for passports, etc.) but how would they do with something so temptingly knickable such as a cellphone? You hear so many stories about regular mail going astray or being opened, just wondering if the EMS system is more secure since it's all Thai Post anyway.

On topic: DHL at Tipp Plaza and FedEx Naklua Road are the main locations for their respective offices in Pattaya. Used them both for incoming and outgoing with no problems. However, I usually book the outgoing packages through my online accounts so never had anyone trying the 3% markup. Thanks for the notice on that raro.

Maybe because the TV forum search engine is a piece of sh!t... try it some time. Plus such questions as most reliable courier, best pizza, worst bar, rental rates, taxi fares, etc., are all fairly dynamic where something posted last month (or more likely last year) is either irrelevant or obsolete.

I tried the search first with "DHL" inside the Pattaya forum, but three-digit search strings do not work. Understandable somehow, but lots of acronyms such as DHL are rather short...

/edit: good that TIPP Plaza has four digits..

On topic: DHL at Tipp Plaza and FedEx Naklua Road are the main locations for their respective offices in Pattaya. Used them both for incoming and outgoing with no problems. However, I usually book the outgoing packages through my online accounts so never had anyone trying the 3% markup. Thanks for the notice on that raro.

I received this morning at 4:48 (I wonder whether he's an early riser or did he just got home? :o ) a reply from the CEO and at 8:06 a reply from the manager he put in charge for that matter.

Will keep you posted!

Edited by raro

Just a wee note, I dropped off my cellphone and docs package for EMS'ing to Udon at Mailboxes, just inside the main entrance from the carpark in Carrefour. Packaged and shipped with EMS for 120 baht on Monday afternoon, delivered intact on Thursday. That's twice I have used this shop for mailing EMS stuff and beats standing in line at the regular post offices any time.

This question has been asked (and answered) so many times!!! Why can't people do a bit of searching on the ThaiVisa site before posting their questions?

Yes, I agree. The Thai Visa search engine is so bad it actually makes me damage things. Surely some of your TV. IT boffins can improve this heap of poo...?

Yes, I agree. The Thai Visa search engine is so bad it actually makes me damage things. Surely some of your TV. IT boffins can improve this heap of poo...?

Actually it would be the "boffins" at InVision that would have to make the improvements to the search features, not the TV staff.

But back to DHL.

I'll be shipping a couple of parcels to myself from here using DHL. Expensive, but maybe not as bad as excess baggage fees from the airlines (and less hassles lugging a huge suitcase around).

I expect I'll drop off the boxes the morning I fly out of here to make sure I'm home before they arrive, though they don't seem to have a problem with my landlady signing for my stuff when I'm not around, which makes me wonder.

Kind of curious to see what happens when they go through (Thai) Customs.

Kind of curious to see what happens when they go through (Thai) Customs.

Depends what's in 'em. When I get the regular document/mail delivery, there's never a hassle. One time my Personal Assistant thought it would be nice to include a couple of the waterproof notebooks that I prefer as well as a couple of calendars and Thai Customs levied 800 baht duty for those. Thank Buddha she didn't send on my new cellphone!

I had a parcel delivered by DHL last year. It should have gone to my house in Ubon Ratchathani but they took it as far as Khorat-six hours drive away-and then phoned me and said I would have to go and collect. When I eventually did, on my next trip to Pattaya, the goods were damaged and four months on I am still waiting for compensation.

DHL? Seriously, use someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

It took a follow-up mail, but today I received a feedback from DHL as follows:

We have put procedure in place and communicate to all DHL and reseller shop not to impost 3% on top with certain minimum on credit card. Hope you bring in more network and friend to take advantage of this service. I’m looking forward to get the feedback from shop at Pattaya with the incremental of your business to DHL.

In case you get charged, I am happy to give you the contact at DHL by PM.

^ Nice follow up raro. It looks like some employees may have worked at a business that traditionally charged the 3% and assumes that this is still the norm in Thailand? Worst case it could be someone scamming the 3% for themselves. I remember 20 years ago Amex asking their cardmembers in Thailand to report such businesses but it was so prevalent back then, you would end up having nowhere to use the card.

^ Nice follow up raro. It looks like some employees may have worked at a business that traditionally charged the 3% and assumes that this is still the norm in Thailand? Worst case it could be someone scamming the 3% for themselves. I remember 20 years ago Amex asking their cardmembers in Thailand to report such businesses but it was so prevalent back then, you would end up having nowhere to use the card.

It's my pleasure, I am from the name and shame brigade and had positive experience with other large companies such as DTAC and Hutch. It is pointless to complain with the outlet, you have to go to the head office in BKK, by either mail or more efficient in person, and file your complaint directly with the Top Management. They usually do not know what is going on in their outlets and sort out things in no time.

As for the 3% extra: Look in your contract with your credit card. The shop is NOT allowed to charge the credit card fee to the customer but must absorb the 3%, which means it must be worked into his calculation. The only way out for the shop is a sign prominently displayed that says "all our prices are on cash terms only". No such sign, no extra charges!

Twice I have had very bad experiences at the DHL office at Tipp Plaza. Although the prices are coded by region, they tried to scam me and charge me 600 baht more then the other dozen or so times I used them, to send documents to the same address.

I would think that DHL like most carriers be it mail, courier or freight, would charge by WEIGHT and not by region? Maybe the odd couple of times your document packages went over a certain weight and triggered a legitimate higher charge?

I would think that DHL like most carriers be it mail, courier or freight, would charge by WEIGHT and not by region? Maybe the odd couple of times your document packages went over a certain weight and triggered a legitimate higher charge?

I think it's by Region and Weight. For example, a package being couriered to a point within the same Region costs x amount per kilo. If that package is going to a destination in a different region, then it's xx per kilo. Not sure how their Regions are divided, but there could be a half dozen or more around the world.

I've seen the book they use when determining Destination Codes, and it looks like a large phone book !

Also, the rate can vary depending on the weight of the package. For example, I think they use (xx) dollars for the first 10 kgs, and then (x) dollars per kg after that.

I've got to check their rates tomorrow (AssCrackistan to Thailand) and will see if I can find out more.

• 1 year later...

the last time I looked, Tipp Plaza was on Beach Road, not Second Road. Which is it?

DHL have their own office in Tipp Plaza, Pattaya second road, about 400 yards before Tops if heading north.

Also an agent in Jomtien Complex (will cost more though)

Naka.