Olympics On Tv?

The Bangkok Post's new format includes a gray box on the back page of the first news section, devoted to sports, which lists all sports on T.V. for the day of publication.

Today's paper lists "Olympic Games" at the top of the box "TODAY on TV" and has the following:

1400 Channels 5, 11 and iTV

I am hoping there will be a re-broadcast of the Opening Ceremonies, I missed it to, if it was broadcast?

Athens local time is four hours behind Thailand, so I think the coverage will start everyday at 2:00pm. Perhaps Star Sports will re-broadcast the live coverage on Thai T.V., as they are too cheap to buy a live feed.

i saw the opening ceremony yesterday night, was nice and "greeky" :o (lots of greek godesses danicng around type of stuff) , bjork performed a very nice but strange song and it was over as quickly as it was boring during the country parade. (202 countries). For thailand Paradon was carrying the flag. not much comment on the rest of the participants from thailand.

I dont know the answer to this question. But ......

CNBC Asia advertisement says coverage is from 8/16-8/27.

The Post had an article that Malaysian Tv which may include

Star Sports decided not to cover the Olympics because

advertisers thought there was little interest among Asians

as participation was low (???) Japan ?? Australia ??

I did see the last part of the opening ceremonies but

missed the countries/athletes walk into the stadium.

I thougt it was quite spectacular. The fireworks was great

and the lighting of the flame was awesome with this big

flute type structure moving down to the athlete to accept

the torch.

It was about 3am in the morning.

It was on Ch 7 and Ch 5 I believe but not on ESPN

or Star Sport (dont know about SuperSport or Gold)

I sure hope CNBC does have coverage as promised.

Otherwise we will probably only see Paradorn play tennis.

If you have PSI Sat.tv DD Sports 24 hour coverage but Dubai Sports channel is the best most coverage in english and shows linkage direct from BBC Sports Dubai Sports has 2 channels shows many sports lve horse racing from uk hong kong only downside programe schelude is advertise in arabic so it takes a bit of guess work and help from the internet.

F.T.P

• 2 weeks later...
That channel 28 seems to be almost all taped events from 24 hours ago. Mopre value for money from UBC :o

Not only taped but 2 days old!!! Channel 28 seem to have bought the "cheep" events - like the ones no one is interested in and which cover a long broadcast time but are leaving out main athletic events. The worst coverage of Olympic Games I have ever (not) seen.

What a disappointment - didn't expect the UBC lobby that weak and out of money.