Uk Settlement For Thai's

Prakanong

I know a lot of the guys have had to jump through hoops and collect a whole folder of evidence for this and even then can have problems when planning on taking their Thai wife home to the UK.

I am just wondering about other nationals - I was just listeneing to an immigration debate on the BBC world service and the figure given by speaker concerning the South Asian (mostly Pakistani / Bangladeshi) population in the 5 Bradford Constituencies (500,000 pop?).

It was said 80% of marriages are transcontinental ie the men and women of Bradford marry someone from the sub-continent rather thaqn local for a whole variety of reasons.

I do not want this to become an immigration debate and I hope my posts on other threads have show I am generally in favour of migration and movelement of labour where required (I have only worked in England 3-4 years in the last 20 myself).

I would like to know what say someone has to show for an arranged marriage in order to bring back their spouse - how do they prove the marriage is genuine - evidence of long term contact etc?