International Schools In Cm

Greenside

Due a recent bereavement, it looks as if my girlfriend's son of 6yrs will come to join us here in CM next April which is a year earlier than we had envisaged. I'm anxious to provide him with the best possible education that I can afford and since the quality of schools is ever changing I'd be grateful for any feedback from those with kids studying around here at the moment. He seems to be a gregarious character who gets on OK at his (very small) village school and we're prepared to relocate to anywhere within reason. Schools with a heavy religious bias and/or ongoing litigation problems are out!

At time of writing I have yet to do any research so please assume I know nothing*, as the saying goes...

(*Nothing except that paying more doesn't necessarily equate to a better education or, just as importantly, a happier child)

The following is pinned at the beginning of the Chiang Mai forum under the heading "Introduction to Chiang Mai, and how to search the Chiang Mai forum.":

PLEASE take the time to search the forum if you need information or answers to questions BEFORE you take the time to post a new topic with your question. There is a very good search facility, which is extremely easy to use.

Simply go to the CM forum intro page: HERE and scroll down to the bottom.

At the bottom left, you will find a little box where you can type your search term before you click on the "Search Forum" button beside.

Wait a few seconds and lo and behold, there are your answers.

If your question is not answered satisfactorily, please then post a new topic and ask away.

Having made the above point, I have done some of your research for you. Please have a look at the following link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...#092;&st=0:

Due a recent bereavement, it looks as if my girlfriend's son of 6yrs will come to join us here in CM next April which is a year earlier than we had envisaged. I'm anxious to provide him with the best possible education that I can afford and since the quality of schools is ever changing I'd be grateful for any feedback from those with kids studying around here at the moment. He seems to be a gregarious character who gets on OK at his (very small) village school and we're prepared to relocate to anywhere within reason. Schools with a heavy religious bias and/or ongoing litigation problems are out!

At time of writing I have yet to do any research so please assume I know nothing*, as the saying goes...

(*Nothing except that paying more doesn't necessarily equate to a better education or, just as importantly, a happier child)

Hi .My kids go to Lanna International and are very happy there indeed. There were some problems regarding the food menu (they weren't providing what they said they would), but they seemed to be resolved now.

My children's English skills are improving at a rapid pace. :o

Hi .My kids go to Lanna International and are very happy there indeed. There were some problems regarding the food menu (they weren't providing what they said they would), but they seemed to be resolved now.

My children's English skills are improving at a rapid pace. :o

We could sign up for a few classes ourselves mate.

I scrounged up a bunch of English Podcasts for one of my employees, but eventually I realized I could also listen to them myself because my English is fading just that fast. (Um, if you want an edit, ignore that sentence. Thanks!)

Meanwhile, I'm watching this thread because the same employee wants to send his son to an international school. The son in question lived in North Carolina so long that he learns better in English than in Thai. And we both know who Jake Delhomme is. I dunno about Vinny, who's almost as old as I am.

I started a thread about this topic a few months back, but it's not worth looking for. P1P's link is much more useful. And I like his new flavor of sauce too. I'm buying Kasem's entire inventory tomorrow.

Nah, I never could stay on topic. Why do you ask?

Our son is 6 and a native english speaker. He is very happy at American Pacific and his reading, writing etc is progressing nicely.

Unfortunately, my future arrival's English is almost non-existant at this point although I hope to get him started between now and April. At this point I'm going to start by visiting Lanna International as a first step. Thanks for your input.