Thailand's Nastiest Niffs

Poo!  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had to go with the raw meat in the humid heat . NOTHING is worse than seeing that with all the fly's sucking on a big slab of , whatever . make's my skin crawl .

Some of the drains are rather nasty but I hold my nose and run quickly . What I find disturbing is that someone will set up a food stall right over it ! :o

What happened to Bill Clintons dress. Has it been sent to the cleaners ?

What did you expect!

It's probably being torn to shreds by all those overly earnest students in the Bear Pit right now.:D

I like the smell of Durian, one of the few smells that masks the smell of the drains :o

got to be the raw meat, although i was in cambodia last week and i was surrounded by backpackers, that certainly brought back memories of bkk drains, wot i dont understand is how these backpackers cant find room for basics like soap and shampoo in their massive rucksacks they carry around, and the idiot backpacker that was next to me at the immigration, if u cant spell kao san rd as ur next destination and have to scream it out to everybody, just put in "bkk"

wot i dont understand is how these backpackers cant find room for basics like soap and shampoo in their massive rucksacks they carry around, and the idiot backpacker that was next to me at the immigration, if u cant spell kao san rd as ur next destination and have to scream it out to everybody, just put in "bkk"

quote1.jpg

The poop and the garbage running through the drains has no match. Splattered Soi Dog is ###### near close though. Worst smelling town: Hatyai. Open drainage baby.

Just thought of another wretched smell: the 20 year old frying pan oil bubbling in various vendor's mobile cooking carts....that stuff has the capacity to level 5 square blocks....instant gag factor. Take a walk through the alley/soi across from Lee Gardens Shopping Center in Hat Yai. The first cart on the right brings instant tears to my eyes.

:o:D I think the worst vapour - not "smell", as it is often odourless - is the vapour that comes from some stalls (noticeably Sukhumvit Road, bkk) that is simply very hot cooking oil with chilli. You can't breath, it stings your eyes, and makes you choke. If you cough and breath in, you are done for! I'd rather have an open drain than that mixture. :D

:o:D I think the worst vapour - not "smell", as it is often odourless - is the vapour that comes from some stalls (noticeably Sukhumvit Road, bkk) that is simply very hot cooking oil with chilli. You can't breath, it stings your eyes, and makes you choke. If you cough and breath in, you are done for! I'd rather have an open drain than that mixture. :D

Yeah, that ones got me a few times, it's like having acid sprayed into your eyes.

Drains for me, all that... yuck, no further comment :o

That got my vote too.

Outside Robinson's in Sri Racha....................

It is wonder that anyone will venture in the store.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...