Urgent Non O Marriage Extension Income Questions

I understand the basic rules for a non o visa extension require 40,000 baht income between a wife and husband.

I have a Nov 29th expiration on my 1st entry on a one year multi entry non O marriage visa (Thai wife).

I plan on visiting the Korat immigration office on Wednesday.

While in Bangkok I got a notarized statement of income from the US embassy. I can produce a copy in English of my 2006 US income tax return if need be - although I prefer not to.

During August and September (The first two months of my stay in Thailand) I had no income. In mid September I put 550,000 baht in a local bank account and I will have a balance confirmation letter and copy of my bank book.

Now two questions:

1) For my first visa extension will my US embassy letter along with my Thai bank account be enough to take care of the current income requirement?

2) Next year I plan to use my wife's business income (and tax receipts) which will be more than 480,000 baht but with zero for the first three months. Will this uneven cash flow cause a problem? I have seen some posts on this but I am still not clear.

Thank you!

Embassy letter should work but I would have the bank passbook and bank letter (probably they will want them) and hold a copy of tax return or pay voucher in reserve. It is hard to say what will fly next year but this year it seems to be a problem for some not having full year of tax payments available.

Thank you for the information. It seems like this year should be smooth sailing, but next year could be interesting.... I will offer the bank letter and passbook, but hold a 2006 tax return in reserve.

So for next year's extension in theory I could have my wife prepay some tax by declaring 40k in income and paying taxes for the first three months of our year?

Embassy letter should work but I would have the bank passbook and bank letter (probably they will want them) and hold a copy of tax return or pay voucher in reserve. It is hard to say what will fly next year but this year it seems to be a problem for some not having full year of tax payments available.