What Is Beiraplongbood?

ImGerman41yrs,get Pension 52000baht certified by German embassy,I have a daughter together with my Thai girlfriend,we stay together,our daughter is born In Thailand,Im in the birthcertificate and in the housepapers.

Last month I went to the Immigration in Bkk to extend my 1year multiNon"O"Visa,issued in Berlin,and given to me because I have a daughter who is Thaicitizen.But they told me they cant give me an extension,I need 1 paper"BeiRapRongBood"I can get that at the District office where I stay at,so I went there but of coursr they didnt give it to me,they said my daughter is to young{2.5yrs},they told me i can get that paper at the ChonburiCourthouse,

after that i tried to get some information about it,and got alot but not very helpful

1.I need a lawier costs10000-50000baht2.i need a translation of my Passport into Thai,certified by the German embassy,seen and stamped by the Ministry of foreign affairs3.I need nothing just go there4.The name is not BeiRapRongBood,but PorKor14 and it is very easy to get5. I don't remember

What is BeiRapPongBood,how to get it,where to get it,how much does it cost,how long does it take to get it?For any useful help thanks in advance

Faranggerman

I/m not 100% sure but isnt it a form of guarantee so that if you die your child has a claim to your assets.........presumably you are not married to your Thai G/F as i believe if you were , the guarantee would not be neccessary. The guarantee is for your child alone not for your Thai G/F...........hope thats right!.................Anybody else?

I recently recieved my "nawg suea rap rong boot" from the Amphur here in Chiang Mai. I am also living with my thai girl friend and our 17 month old daughter.

The Amphur will not issue the Rap Rong boot unless one of the following conditions are met

1) you are married to the mother of the child and are therefore recognized as the father in Thai law.

2) your child is able to read and write in thai, can understand the law regarding confirming you as the father and able to confirm you are indeed the father in the presence of the Amphur officials.

3) you must go to Thai court to sue to be recognized as the "legal" father in Thai law. This must be done in the Amphur where the child is registered on the Tabien Bahn (house papers). Once this is completed you will be awarded "custody" papers for the child and you then have seven days from the custody award date to register with the Amphur and recieve the " nawng suea rap rong boot" This is the document you need to extend your visa.

I just completed this 3 weeks ago so I am fairly certain it is accurate

IMO you should have your girlfriend initiate the legal proceedings that way the judge will see that you are not fighting for custody but rather you both want you to be recognized as the legal father in Thai law.

50,000 baht seems a bit expensive to me.

I paid considerable less but I worked with the court in the small town of Chiang Rai. If "your childs" tabien bahn happens to be there I can refer you to a good lawyer at a good price. Otherwise I suggest you use your girl friend to shop around for a lawyer, sorry to say but once a lawyer hears a farang voice or see's a farang face the price will probably be much higher.

Good luck

Hi Mr.Chiangmai,thanks alot for ur reply,sounds very accurate to me,and i will try it it again,but i have some more questions,in the birthcertificate im the father,so why i have to proofe that again,and do i need a lawier,or i can do it by myself?And how long did it really take from the day u were vere visiting the lawier?Ok im gues s thats it,really thanks alot,i will let u know what happened

Faranggerman

Hi Faranggerman

I asked the same questions as you. My name is on the birth certificate of my daughter, which in farangland is proof of being the father.

However immigration requires the "rap rong boot" in addition to extend a visa. In the past whether married or not you could simply go to amphur with the birth certificate with your name on it and get the document. In the last year or so it has become more difficult for an unmarried father to get it and now you must meet one of the conditions in my previous reply. IMO I think it is a way for immigration to ensure foreigners do not abuse the right to stay here on the grounds of "supporting a child that is a Thai citizen " They certainly made it more difficult and costly

You will have to use a lawyer. The time it will take from start to finish will depend primarily on the case load of the courts and how well your lawyer can work with the judge or how well he/she may know them.

My case was resolved in about 3 weeks time in Amphur Chiang Rai. However I was told a similar case would take 2-3 months in Chiang Mai. I would imagine the courts would be very busy in Bangkok.

Remember you will have to take your case to the court in the Chiang Wat where the child is registered on the Tabien Bahn.

CMG