"thai Women Vs Farang Women"

iminthailand

To me it seems like 90% a function of money and 10% culture. If a somewhat educated man goes to a small town in the hills in Kentucky where finishing High school is an accomplishment he will be treated the same as a somewhat educated man that dates the village girls from thailand. The man will be quite popular in either situation. The same can be said for how rich thai girls vs rich farang girls act. A girl who went to Chalonglakorn university and who is waiting to take a position in management of her fathers 10 Million dollar corporation will be quite similar to a girl in the Western world in a similar situation. Neither one will be begging to find a man so that she can do his dishes and cook for him.

The only main difference is aesthetics in my opinion. Most poor girls in the states or England are ugly to us but may be considered attractive in other cultures. Most poor girls in Thailand are ugly to thias but attractive to some farang.

Another possible difference is the language/culture barrier. I think many farang give thais women the benefit of the doubt when they do something that seems stupid. Sometimes it is a cultural difference. Many times it is really just lack of education that is clearly visible to other thais. Thais will also give farang the benefit of the doubt if they step out of line. Maybe its a cultural thing or maybe the farang has social issues that would be seen a lot more clearly in their own country.

Anytime I hear someone say "I hate western women" it bothers me a bit inside. I feel like they are really saying "I hate women from the same socio-economic background as myself or above." Finding poor uneducated women who will date and serve men who are less attractive than them happens in any culture. Cultured and educated women from any culture will be more difficult to get and will probably be higher maintenance.

-Nick

*Disclaimer* I'm not saying dating Thais is bad. I'm not even saying dating uneducated girls is bad and I'm not implying that YOUR girlfriend is poor, thai, or uneducated. Do what makes you happy.

Edited by iminthailand
  • Like 1

"Anytime I hear someone say "I hate western women" it bothers me a bit inside. I feel like they are really saying "I hate women from the same socio-economic background as myself."

The I hate western women bothers me a bit too - after all some of the people I have loved or love most just happen to be western women - my mam, my Auntie, my two Nana's and my sister :o

However, I do not think its a socio-economic background thing among those that say it but it will be interesting to hear others views as long as the thread does not turn sour as these threads tend to do!

sir u have it wrong. ugly usa gurls r ugly to men all over. same with ugly thai gurls, just coz sum farang like em not so pretty doesnt mean all of a sudden they turn into swans.

there sure are some beeutiful poor thai chicks and more poor the other kind for sure...........lol.

ps im american and i dont automatically tink poor usa gurls r ugly unless they actually are.....lol.

Edited by blizzard

In my generation, the IT-nerd one that grew up and now are making money, asian chicks have always been popular. Together with manga and anime...

And suddenly we find us with money and the ability to travel/relocate.

And most in my generation date woman in the same age-bracket and education-level. Which means mostly Bangkokians regarding Thai woman, ofc...

Cannot speak for older gentlemen though.

To me it seems like 90% a function of money and 10% culture. If a somewhat educated man goes to a small town in the hills in Kentucky where finishing High school is an accomplishment he will be treated the same as a somewhat educated man that dates the village girls from thailand. The man will be quite popular in either situation. The same can be said for how rich thai girls vs rich farang girls act. A girl who went to Chalonglakorn university and who is waiting to take a position in management of her fathers 10 Million dollar corporation will be quite similar to a girl in the Western world in a similar situation. Neither one will be begging to find a man so that she can do his dishes and cook for him.

The only main difference is aesthetics in my opinion. Most poor girls in the states or England are ugly to us but may be considered attractive in other cultures. Most poor girls in Thailand are ugly to thias but attractive to some farang.

Another possible difference is the language/culture barrier. I think many farang give thais women the benefit of the doubt when they do something that seems stupid. Sometimes it is a cultural difference. Many times it is really just lack of education that is clearly visible to other thais. Thais will also give farang the benefit of the doubt if they step out of line. Maybe its a cultural thing or maybe the farang has social issues that would be seen a lot more clearly in their own country.

Anytime I hear someone say "I hate western women" it bothers me a bit inside. I feel like they are really saying "I hate women from the same socio-economic background as myself or above." Finding poor uneducated women who will date men who are less attractive than them happens in any culture. Cultured and educated women from any culture will be more difficult to get and will probably be higher maintenance.

-Nick

*Disclaimer* I'm not saying dating Thais is bad. I'm not even saying dating uneducated girls is bad and I'm not implying that YOUR girlfriend is poor, thai, or uneducated. Do what makes you happy.

Here we go again! :o Another one of these Them/Us threads. How tiresome :D

having attended private schools and universities,the first time i dated public school girls or girls from the other side of the tracks,was a mind-opening experience.not much in common in interests or experiences and they knew nothing about ski trips and frat parties as i knew nothing about bowling alleys and domestic beers.

found the poor women in the us to be quite heavier in the weight department versus their thai counterparts.

wot are you trying to tell us tawp! my usa based reeding skills could use improve,ent. didnt understand a word you wrote.

you like anime gurls. is that cartoon gurls?

You want me to tell you what you could improve upon?

"Anytime I hear someone say "I hate western women" it bothers me a bit inside. I feel like they are really saying "I hate women from the same socio-economic background as myself."

The I hate western women bothers me a bit too - after all some of the people I have loved or love most just happen to be western women - my mam, my Auntie, my two Nana's and my sister :D

However, I do not think its a socio-economic background thing among those that say it but it will be interesting to hear others views as long as the thread does not turn sour as these threads tend to do!

Prakanong, a voice of reason in the midst of the gloom :o

Seriously, I can't really comprehend men who have a few bad experiences and then blame all western women. This is a very old topic, and one that usually turns nasty rather quickly.

So, before it does so, a reminder to all posters of the forum rules:

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

Remember to mind your manners.

The I hate western women bothers me a bit too - after all some of the people I have loved or love most just happen to be western women - my mam, my Auntie, my two Nana's and my sister :D

Prakanong, a voice of reason in the midst of the gloom :o

Seriously, I can't really comprehend men who have a few bad experiences and then blame all western women. This is a very old topic, and one that usually turns nasty rather quickly.

So, before it does so, a reminder to all posters of the forum rules:

3) Religious or racial slurs, rude and degrading comments towards women, or extremely negative views of Thailand will not be tolerated.

Remember to mind your manners.

Well thats a first - me being called the voice of reason :D

Last week at work when I was suggesting outsourcing to India a lot of roles in Europe sopme people were definately not thinking that :D:D

Sorry but I have to agree with YangYaiEric.

I think you may have had a valid point, but all the generalisations coupled with all my experiences, sorry OP, but this thread just doesn't wash.

Hypothetical illustrations involving Chula and 10 m.Baht companies, really, is that the best you could come up with?

I'm pretty sure there are many more pretty poor women in the world than rich ones, no matter what skin color. Seeing how there are so many more poor people, than rich. In the end the thing that really matters is how beautiful they are inside. Even a gorgeous women can suddenly turn pretty ugly.

We know the views of many western men in Thailand regarding western women, we hear them often enough - but look around you at the Western Men in Thailand - the term 'Damaged Goods' would fit many very well.

(Present company excepted).

(Someone here is telling us Thai women tend to be better in the 'Weight Department' - I wonder what he looks like?)

sir u have it wrong. ugly usa gurls r ugly to men all over. same with ugly thai gurls, just coz sum farang like em not so pretty doesnt mean all of a sudden they turn into swans.

there sure are some beeutiful poor thai chicks and more poor the other kind for sure...........lol.

ps im american and i dont automatically tink poor usa gurls r ugly unless they actually are.....lol.

This post has been edited by blizzard: Today, 2007-10-30 14:54:17

and still a lot of editing to do :o

wot are you trying to tell us tawp! my usa based reeding skills could use improve,ent. didnt understand a word you wrote.

you like anime gurls. is that cartoon gurls?

You want me to tell you what you could improve upon?

i tink his reeding skils r ok butt his ritting neads praps sum coaching.

I've been living outside the US for 12 years now and only return when I must (and when INS will let me in). The thing that struck me after being away for about six years or so without a trip back, was just how fat everyone was (male, female and the androgen who served me my first fresh micro brew at the airport lounge). And I'm not talking about overweight, you need to lose a few pounds, your BMI is a few points too high or whatever. I'm talking about rolling layers of blubber that overwhelm the allotted space in public spaces. (One does have to wonder if the serving platter sized food portions at most restaurants aren't part of it all. And ever wonder if they're making the utensils bigger specifically to help hide how much bigger the plates are getting?)

Who among us can say our Thai partners have not commented on this in their early trips to/days in the US? (And maybe some of the other fatter western countries--I won't comment on that as I'm already using my broadest brush as it is.)

Oh, about western women, can't say too much as my last one was in the '80's. She was a psychologist with big teeth, and crazy. From that I concluded that all women who are psychologists or who have big teeth are crazy. Was that wrong? Is it too late to go back and apologize? Perhaps a small donation to my favorite charity, "Friends for Western Women without Borders." No, no, it's not like that..don't be mean. They help fund poor western women's vacations to favored Caribbean and African destinations.

p.s. I sure hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm only serious about the fat people part, the big portions thing, oh, and the big teeth and psychologists.

I've been living outside the US for 12 years now and only return when I must (and when INS will let me in). The thing that struck me after being away for about six years or so without a trip back, was just how fat everyone was (male, female and the androgen who served me my first fresh micro brew at the airport lounge). And I'm not talking about overweight, you need to lose a few pounds, your BMI is a few points too high or whatever. I'm talking about rolling layers of blubber that overwhelm the allotted space in public spaces. (One does have to wonder if the serving platter sized food portions at most restaurants aren't part of it all. And ever wonder if they're making the utensils bigger specifically to help hide how much bigger the plates are getting?)

Who among us can say our Thai partners have not commented on this in their early trips to/days in the US? (And maybe some of the other fatter western countries--I won't comment on that as I'm already using my broadest brush as it is.)

Oh, about western women, can't say too much as my last one was in the '80's. She was a psychologist with big teeth, and crazy. From that I concluded that all women who are psychologists or who have big teeth are crazy. Was that wrong? Is it too late to go back and apologize? Perhaps a small donation to my favorite charity, "Friends for Western Women without Borders." No, no, it's not like that..don't be mean. They help fund poor western women's vacations to favored Caribbean and African destinations.

p.s. I sure hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm only serious about the fat people part, the big portions thing, oh, and the big teeth and psychologists.

Most psychologists are nuts. The big teeth thing doesn't help.

Gotta love this thread.

Really though, you miss the point if you think it's all about money. It's not. Took me a while to realize this, but the reason why people enjoyed "the girlfriend experience" a decade ago and why it seems Thai girls are losing their charm today is because of the influx of Western programming.

Like it or not, men are biologically programmed to like women who are nuturing. They make better mothers for our children. You can listen to all the Western propaganda you want and media programming saying strong, independent women are sexy, but the reality is, men want to marry women who are nuturing. Most men can't even articulate this, and they certainly can't understand why they find western women so unnattractive.

Western women for their part, also subconciously realize something is wrong, but they can't really understand it either. Western society doesn't allow for this kind of thought. Western ideas really started to infiltrate Thailand after the Vietnam war. The Thai women who were born in the early 80's, are very different from the generation before. They are very western. These are also the girls making up the new crop of comfort women. Not surprisingly, you hear alot fewer people these days talking about the great "girlfriend experience". As a rule, the older the girl and the less wealthy her family was during childhood, the closer the girl is to someone you want to marry. There are exceptions, but anecdotal evidence seems to favor this theory.

The girlfriend experience occurs naturally between any man and a nuturing woman, nationality aside. It does not happen between a man and a strong, independent woman. Sex might, but that is different. The more western Thai girls become, the less the distinction between them and their farang counterparts. Thai prostitutes may still be physically more appealing than their western counterparts, but even that will change soon.

If the OP is really tired of hearing this, all he has to do is wait 1 more decade. By that time, Western cultural influences will be so pervasive in Thailand that any distinction will be gone. Instead, we'll have a new board with a bunch of men claiming how they can't stand Thai women in favor of Laotian/Burmese/etc. women who have not yet lost their femininity.

Farang women are just as much a victim in the screwed up culture of the West as the men. It's not fair to criticize them. However, any Western woman who wants to be happy, can do so simply by abandoning the strong/independent mindset and adopting a nuturing personality, so it's within her power to change if she wants. Society won't help with this however.

That's the real distinction. It's not economics, and there is a huge difference between traditional Eastern culturals and the modern, diseased culture of the West.

I never met any rich Thai women, so I have to reference point. I think physical beauty has nothing to do with soci-economic class, in any country. From what I have seen of Thai women, who are interested in Farangs, they seem to be a bit shallow & mostly oriented to obtaining money. I have seen few of them cabable of any "quality" relationship. Farang women are a different breed entirely and I have had more than enough of them. I will take an Asian woman any day, despite their faults.

I'm stateside about a month out of each year and the gals look/sound/act/etc. just as good every year. Haven't noticed any kind of weight trend, course I'm in West Campus in Austin so it's mostly a younger crowd.

:o

Have you considered teaching english in LOS?

What I find tiresome with these and other posts on TV is the constant belittling of uneducated Thais/Farang especially the women. If the posters who write them are so smart why don't they realize education has nothing to do with intelligence therefore these less educated than you Thais/Farang can be your superior in the intelligence department. The only thing you educated posters have that they don't is a silver spoon in your mouth that was a birth right giving you opportunities the poor don't have. So please stop constantly bashing uneducated people. Maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself if you’re doing it because of a self esteem issue described by Freud. You are not better than them only luckier.

Like the old saying goes, you can never be too rich or too thin! :o

Thats why you can't spell then :o

all the theories are hogwash.....

Money and looks dont come into it as much as most think.

It is a matter of who you click with. When a relationship is based on money or looks it soon becomes a very weak and superficial relationship.

Lucky me and the missus have it worked out....

I aint rich and she aint ugly....... :o

Edited by gburns57au

all the theories are hogwash.....

Money and looks dont come into it as much as most think.

It is a matter of who you click with. When a relationship is based on money or looks it soon becomes a very weak and superficial relationship.

Lucky me and the missus have it worked out....

I aint rich and she aint ugly....... :o

Nice post mate!