Arriving With No Onward Ticket

Australian male.

In June i arrived on a one-way ticket with no onward ticket at Suvar,

60 day 2 entry visa,

I haven't had a 30 day stamp now for maybe a year or more,

i entered without a problem.

now I am wondering if it will be the same when i arrive in december with no onward ticket again.

has anyone got stuck and not admitted, any on the spot solutions available?

Australian male.

60 day 2 entry visa,

now I am wondering if it will be the same when i arrive in december with no onward ticket again.

Are you coming from Australia in December, or from a visa run? ie. Where are you now?

The rules say you only have to show an onward ticket if you don't have a visa.

So just make sure you have one or the other before you try to enter...

Australian male.

60 day 2 entry visa,

If you are entering using a Visa, then no onward ticket is required. It will probably be needed though if you want to extend the visa while in Thailand.

For 30 day visa exempt entries, you are required to have an onward ticket and will probably not be able to board the plane without one.

Edited by jstumbo

Australian male.

60 day 2 entry visa,

:o Let's go over this again.

Thai immigration requires an outgoing (onward) ticket.

Those who arrive with a visa will probably not be asked to show that ticket.

However, the requirement is still there. It simply isn't usually enforced at entrance.

It is becoming more and more common for people asking for an extension of stay on a visa to be asked for an outgoing ticket, but this is not always certain.

In June (co-incidence) I arrived in BKK for a 30 day stamp on arrival (no visa). The line was quite long, and a female immigration officer was going thru the line taking passports to do the stamp. She established that I was an American, wanted a 30 day stamp, and took my passport. She also asked to see a copy of my onward or return ticket. When I showed her that she took my passport and returned about 5 minutes later with a 30 day stamp. So I didn't have to go thru the wait in line.

To sum it up, the return or onward ticket is still required. Usually you will not be asked. However, it is always possible that you will be asked.

Just a word to the wise, be prepared and you won't be sorry.

:D

Australian male.

60 day 2 entry visa,

:o Let's go over this again.

Thai immigration requires an outgoing (onward) ticket.

Those who arrive with a visa will probably not be asked to show that ticket.

However, the requirement is still there. It simply isn't usually enforced at entrance.

It is becoming more and more common for people asking for an extension of stay on a visa to be asked for an outgoing ticket, but this is not always certain.

In June (co-incidence) I arrived in BKK for a 30 day stamp on arrival (no visa). The line was quite long, and a female immigration officer was going thru the line taking passports to do the stamp. She established that I was an American, wanted a 30 day stamp, and took my passport. She also asked to see a copy of my onward or return ticket. When I showed her that she took my passport and returned about 5 minutes later with a 30 day stamp. So I didn't have to go thru the wait in line.

To sum it up, the return or onward ticket is still required. Usually you will not be asked. However, it is always possible that you will be asked.

Just a word to the wise, be prepared and you won't be sorry.

:D

The onward ticket is required ONLY if you don't have a visa beforehand (in case of visa exemption stamp or visa on arrival).

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2649

"A: Nationals of the United States of America and 40 other countries are eligible

to travel to Thailand, for tourism purpose, with the exemption of visa and

are permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days.

Therefore, you do not need a visa.

However, please make sure that you are in possession of a passport valid for

at least 6 months, a round-trip air ticket, and adequate finances equivalent to

at least 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family. Otherwise, you may be

inconvenienced upon entry into the country."

"(1) Lithuanian nationals are eligible to apply for visa on arrival (VOA) at any of

24 designated checkpoints in Thailand, including, of course, all international airports.

Currently nationals of 20 countries are eligible under this scheme. You can see the list of such countries in the website (www.mfa.go.th).

With the Visa on Arrival, you would be granted a stay of a period of not exceeding

15 days. But you must have a passport valid for at least 6 months, a round-trip

air ticket where date of departure from Thailand is within 15 days of the date

of entry, and adequate finances equivalent to at least 10,000 Baht per person."

How silly it would be require a onward ticket from e.g. a person who comes to Thailand to work for very long time....

Actually an onward ticket is required to obtain a transit or tourist visa per MFA regulations on http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2489

Only non immigrant visas are free of the onward ticket requirement. If you have the visa you would normally be considered to have met that requirement (asked or not) and will not be asked to prove it again on entry.

2. TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary