Furniture Shops In Kohn Khaen

blackcountryboing

Hi All,

My house will shortly be finished not to far away from Si Chompu up from Chum Phae.

I am looking to furnish my house from scratch and was thinking of heading to Kohn Khaen to do the shopping can anyone advise me of any good furniture shops in Kohn Khean.

Also any DIY shops.

Regards

I'm a bit out of date, but I bought quite a lot from Index (near Tesco Lotus) and the shop in the front car park of 'Big C', which sells solid wood items made in Khon Kaen prison. A Thai friend who lives in Khon Kaen recommended another furniture business near Amphur Phon, on Highway 2 going south from Khon Kaen. This is almost opposite the 'Tia Sun' resort on the left side of the highway between Ban Phai and Amphur Phon. I've bought a few items there and the prices are good. I suppose it comes down to what style you are looking for. If you like traditional furniture, many of the festivals in places like KK and Mahasarakham have stalls with items from Loei Province that can be quite nice.

Re DIY shops, try Global Home near the airport and a wood and fittings shop about 500 m on the left as you come off Highway 2 at the junction to turn to the airport. There is also another similar shop which sells timber, timber mouldings, doors, fittings etc near Fairy Plaza. You can buy useful mouldings for things like curtain rails at these smaller shops.

Edited by citizen33

Khon Kaen is actually a center for hand/custom made Rattan furniture. There are shops scattered around the area but the easiest to find showroom is on RuenRom Road -- half-way between the Tesseban night market and the Train station -- a bit east of the Esso station on the same side of the road.

• 4 weeks later...

tablet!

Seen some lovelytables and chairs in the beer bars down soi 7 and 8 recently, you know the ones that look like timber but are actually made out of concrete, hideous colours usually in a Baghdad sunset or kalaiderscope patterned blue, Just ur style mucker being from Brum......BOING! BOING!