Diet Drinks

jimmym40

Pepsi Max has effectively replaced Diet Pepsi.

Cans are all over the place, big bottles are sold at the main supermarkets like Tops, Tesco, Carrefour and Big C for 22 baht per bottle.

Coke still has both Diet Coke (called "Coke Light" here) as well as the new 'Coke Zero'. Coke Light is only available in cans, Coke Zero is available also in big bottles, at 23 baht a bottle, again at the same supermarkets.

Cans go for 14 baht in convenience stores, 13 or 12 baht at the hypermarkets.

These are the only diet-drinks available on the Thai market. Well, unless you count sugar-free ice tea or water. :o

Edited by TheEmperorOfTheNorth

How much for the box at Makro?

I think Makro are opening a second branch near to where I am, so may finally get around to registering for their @U#{:content:}amp;I(*Y^@ card. I always considered the way Makro do business incredibly backward, but hey, if I can save 50 satang on a bottle... :D

:o

Edited by TheEmperorOfTheNorth

does diet coke, coke light, coke zero taste like regular coke? if it does, i'd be a happy buyer.

Tigs, Coke Zero tastes soooooo much better than Diet Coke, which to me always had a metallic chemical taste (even from 1.25L plastic bottles). In Coke Zero they have blended several artificial sweeteners to approximate much more closely the taste of regular Coke, but with zero calories. To me, regular Coke has an overly sweet, almost cloying taste.

I drank Pepsi Max before they came out with the Coke Zero; I recommend you try it to see if it is to your taste.

(Of course I drink mine with a good lashing of Barbados rum, and a squeeze of lime.... :o )

does diet coke, coke light, coke zero taste like regular coke? if it does, i'd be a happy buyer.

Tigs, Coke Zero tastes soooooo much better than Diet Coke, which to me always had a metallic chemical taste (even from 1.25L plastic bottles). In Coke Zero they have blended several artificial sweeteners to approximate much more closely the taste of regular Coke, but with zero calories. To me, regular Coke has an overly sweet, almost cloying taste.

I drank Pepsi Max before they came out with the Coke Zero; I recommend you try it to see if it is to your taste.

(Of course I drink mine with a good lashing of Barbados rum, and a squeeze of lime.... :o )

spicy! :D how u been buddy ? the thing is that if you want to drink coke, you drink coke. but thats me. nothing tastes better than regular coke. thailand has too much sugar in it though. sprite tastes like concentrated sugar water.

calories? to hel_l with it. doesn't help much when you gulp coke zero or diet coke with a burger from woody's, chiangmai saloon or duke's does it ? :D or bbq ribs ??????????????? :D

TB

Makro charges around 278 baht for 12 bottles of 1.25 liters. That's less than 19 baht per liter.

I doubt two tasters of the various brands and editions would think they all taste the same.

Bought 4 boxes at Big C last month 260 baht a box.. Tesco on wednesday was 268 per box, being diabetic can only drink Sugar Free, for me Pepsi Max tastes much better than Coke Zero

I can ensure you, IT DOESN'T!

Zero tastes like ....!

If 0 Calories why drink Softdrinks at all?

It will always remain a secret to me like "fat reduced milk" and all the rest

of this craze....

I can ensure you, IT DOESN'T!

Zero tastes like ....!

If 0 Calories why drink Softdrinks at all?

It will always remain a secret to me like "fat reduced milk" and all the rest

of this craze....

It's pretty simple really. If food tastes just as good with very few calories, why not choose less calories? :o

I prefer the taste of Coke Zero; as I mentioned, I find the taste of regular Coke almost sickeningly sweet and cloying.

To each his own... we argue endlessly in this town what is the best burger, or pizza, etc. All highly subjective.

A little food for thought- all that sugar in a soft drink wreaks havoc on many people's blood sugar levels, insulin response, etc.

For those who rarely drink cola drinks, absolutely nothing wrong with the regular stuff, IMO.

PS Coke Zero does contain some aspertame, but in reduced amount from Diet Coke. The other sweeteners used are a form of sucralose (Splenda) and a stevia (herbal) based sweetener.

...For those who rarely drink cola drinks, absolutely nothing wrong with the regular stuff, IMO....

Drug free body!

Burger and other "fast Food" ONLY if they are homemade or I have made them myself!

What is wrong with a humble Glass of water?

i did go out and try coke zero today, you guys are right, A LOT LOT better than diet coke

tried the Coke Zero and hated it- prefer reg Coke, although I dont drink it that often.

I like the Schwepps Namanao, but dont usually see it at Carrefour where I shop.

otherwise, its water most of the time.

How much for the box at Makro?

I think Makro are opening a second branch near to where I am, so may finally get around to registering for their @U#{:content:}amp;I(*Y^@ card. I always considered the way Makro do business incredibly backward, but hey, if I can save 50 satang on a bottle... :D

You dont need to have a card to buy at makro.