Transfer Of Small Amount Of Money

moneybookers.com .. or via creditcard (debitcard-account) ...

where the creditcard-way may the faster way (3,5% charge)

whats the pourpose ? (use in the UK) ?

paypal maybe an option ..

Does the money have to go to the uk or do you just want to hold in GBP. If the latter then enquite about a GBP account with kasikorn or consider opening a GBP account in Malaysia or Singapore.

Transfers or small amount will cost alot using traditional transfer methods - as already sugessted look at using paypal - have a thai paypal account linked to you kbank account and a uk paypal account liked to your uk bank acount - you will lose out here as the paypal exchange rate is very poor. Alternatively talk to bangkok bank about small transfers to the uk. They have a deal in the uk where up to £500 can be transferred to thailand for £15, there may be a similar arrangement the other way.

HTH

Edited by Khun Bob

When my wife went to visit her sister in Holland a couple of years ago I set up another account with Bangkok Bank and their Visa card. I gave her the card and a PIN and I'd put in say Bt6000 which I knew would be enough for her to get EUR100 from the ATM (rate was perhaps over 50 then, can't remember).

I don't have the rates and costs to hand but what will kill them is if they go and get £10, then £10 etc. as they will likely get hit with a say Bt100 charge for each transaction.

If the recipient is in London, have them go to Bangkok Bank in London or just email them and ask about small amount transfers if they were to open an account at the bangkok Bank in the UK. That might be cheaper.

Actually, I'm going to email them and find out for myself.

If you like you can deposit money in my Thai bank acccount and when it has arrived, I will check it and can then send an amount to a uk bank account. There will be no bank transfer fees, and I will offer a competitive exchange rate.