Are These People From The Planet Zog

I am obviously now on an email distribution list - but 80k psqm in the heart of nowhere is this the norm or am I way off track?

May I take this opportunity to introduce you to The Lakes at Phoenix project, located approximately 15 kilometers south of Pattaya City, on a large 14 rai site (22,400sqm.), lush natural landscape low rise freehold condominium featuring two 7-storey buildings with units started from 1Bedroom approximately 70 square meters to 3+1Bedroom 180 square meters, as well as Penthouse 205-270 square meters with exclusively 118 residential units.

The Lakes will provide the fully fitted for floors, walls, air conditioner, bathrooms, and kitchen with appliances, and the full height of insulated glass window from floor to ceiling up to 2.75 meters ceiling height to ensure that every unit touches with the natural surrounding views.

For family and everyone to enjoy their particular activity as well as relax in an inspiringly designed home with a wide range of common area facilities that includes tennis courts, gym with equipment, salas, large free form swimming pool with man-made sand beach and a BBQ area together with the surrounding Golf Course provide the healthy out door sports lifestyle designed to be a key feature of The Lakes.

With the completion in early 2009, and at today pre-completion pricings started at 80,000 Baht per square meter depending on floor and unit. Don't miss this pre-completion opportunity to maximize your investment potential.

Should you have anything that we can do or offer your assistances, please do not hesitate to contact us at Email: [email protected] or call us at telephone 662 207 2951; otherwise, visit to our website at http://www.thelakesatphoenix.com

<SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'MS Reference Sans Serif','sans-serif'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">Sincerely,Mobile: 668 9 202 1428

Celadon Land Asia-Pacific Co., Ltd.

The Office at Centralworld, Unit 1901

999/9 Rama I Road, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Tel: 662 207 2951

Fax: 662 207 2929

http://www.thelakesatphoenix.com

________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________We respect your privacy. If you do not wish to receive further e-mail announcements from us, please reply us back at email: [email protected] with subject REMOVE. All the best to you.

________________________________________________________________________________

<edit Sorry tried to add the picks but couldn't >

Edited by pkrv

units started from 1Bedroom approximately 70 square meters...

...depending on floor and unit

This means the darkest, crappiest apartment unit located right above the garage entrance on the noisy side of the building would cost 70X 80,000 per sq. metre. So, 5.6 million baht and up.

Doesn't sound like the deal of a lifetime to me.

I recently met someone that lives around that area & He was telling me they have a very serious water shortage problem in the area. on 3 days off for 4.

Needless to say for the dough he is shelling out he is not to pleased with the area!

Hope they get that worked out, cause for 1,500,000 a Rai you can buy land only 7 minutes from there & build a mansion for 2.2 million with the same square footage + have your own pool.

They sound like they need to stay off the Poppys!

Sadly, its just another developer who has decided to make a quick few millions of Baht from farang who really don't know values in Thailand.

Sure enough, someone from London, Sydney, Los Angeles etc will get the email or hear about it and think "wow, so cheap!"

Then, particularly if they are first timers and intoxicated by the Thai "lifestyle", they'll go and visit the area, see the beach, the palms, the weather, and think.."why not???"

Sadly, they won't do any homework.....and be caught with a unit that at most may be worth 40,000 psm. They'll then either try to sell it, try to rent it out, or just live with it in the hope that a few years down the track they'll get their money back.

Frankly, any emails I get offering property just go straight in the trash. If the developer/marketer/agent isn't prepared to advertise in the mainstream press or send me a personalised letter, it is always a warning to me that they are most likely undercapitalised and marketing en masse, ideally trying to lure those with no understanding of the market (I am certainly NOT implying that is you PKRV).

It concerns me because when investors get burnt, good projects are tarnished...and there is doubt and fear generated about investing in a country or area per se.

Thanks guys for your replies. As London says the prices are (incredibly) high and IMO more reflect Central Bangkok prices. But if as Beardog says there is a water shortage in the area (which can btw be independently verified with a little research) don't golf courses need tons of this stuff?

I don't think the client base for this kind of stuff actually lacks internet research facilities today. I agree that something like this on a beach could be fun - though I would replace the golf course with a managed tropical rain forest, because it would not be used often and be deserted - There is not enough to justify these costs (by any stretch of the imagination).

Frankly, any emails I get offering property just go straight in the trash. If the developer/marketer/agent isn't prepared to advertise in the mainstream press or send me a personalised letter, it is always a warning to me that they are most likely undercapitalised and marketing en masse, ideally trying to lure those with no understanding of the market (I am certainly NOT implying that is you PKRV).

At the risk of going off topic you have some interesting views on e-marketing for property there London, it may interest you to learn that at the start of this year I slashed newspaper advertising by 50% and did not see any impact whatsoever on the number of inquiries I received.

In fact online channels result in 10x as many genuine inquiries than newspaper advertising and these are from very capable individuals and foreign firms. In fact based on the numbers that I record, n this industry, I would say that many (but not all) forms of traditional marketing media are fast becoming obsolete.

I'm sure that others are seeing similar results and given its reach and cost effectiveness I very much doubt whether you will see any project neglect this important medium going forward.

--

Back on topic though, PKRV I beg to differ regarding your thoughts on the golf course Phoenix is really quite a popular mid range course, but accept that the pricing of these condo's is far too high, something in the region of 60K would be more appropriate I think.

In fact online channels result in 10x as many genuine inquiries than newspaper advertising.

I'm sure that others are seeing similar results.

Same here - for lead generation, online media beat any other channel hands down.

@London: if you prefer developers who are using hardcopy letters for lead generation, you may wish to visit their construction sites. They're probably employing elephants, instead of heavy machinery.

Edited by typist

An interesting point on online lead generation - Someone managed to bypass the defences I have in place so I took a look. Perhaps this is a double edged weapon because they fell flat at the first hurdle (IMO).

quicksilva - I over look 3 1/2 acres of garden, in the heart of London (not mine but private) if it was not filled with Planes Trees (? Not sure about the spelling) and other jungle, I would never have bought. Golf course – for me is a big turn off, sorry horses for courses - a rain forest would be nice however :o

I was hoping to read about the Planet Zog, why cannot people post proper thread titles?!

I think that the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang came frome there, you could ask him? :o (but then again was he not blown up? I still find gold and silver bits scattered about) love the style of your question :D .

Edited by pkrv