Can you make a house for me?

Johnt

I wonder how many get this question from our girls.

And for many, it will be the reason to a devorce if we say no. But why make a house in "Burilam" a totally "nothing happen" area, when you not want.

And if we want to make a house, would we not place it near a beach or near some civilization instead.?

Also many parts of Isan, farangs make houses bigger than the next door farang, so the Thaigirls famely can "show" how rich they are. And how many have a house standing some place, in the girls name (how stupid), and have suddenly "grown" from each other after the house was finish.

Somebody have any comments to this?

Not everyone wants the same thing.

I would never want to live on the beach, on a lake or on a mountain top.  These are places for vacations. When I was in UK I lived on the coast in Cornwall with spectacular sea views.

After a short while you do not even notice the view.

I chose a city house as far away from the in-laws as possible.

Naturally, being a big nosed stupid falang, I made the mistake of putting it in the wifes name and have now lost the lot.

...reminds me of an episode of Everybody loves Raymond.

You should build your house just far enough away from the in-laws so that they are not too far from their own home and therefore when they visit you won't have to stay the night. But build your house just far enough away so that they don't come over too often. I think they called it the "in-laws buffer zone" distance.

:o

If your husband really loves you then he won't build YOUR house where you don't want it.

โชคดี

Yes but!

There are many advantages for building a house close to the "family" and I have one.

We have a business in Pattaya (Hate the place) but for making money you can't really beat in terms of how many farang come for their 2 week vacation.

Anyway as we both work 24-7 almost, and have living accomadation in the building where our business is, we will build a home in the village so the family can keep a close eye on the property whilst we are working 2000 miles away.

A couple of farang have the same situation as me and they have no problems and have never encountered "break-ins" or damage whilst the family keep a close eye on the property.

So having the best of both worlds, ie a property which costs a faction of the price as in a tourist area and 24 hour un-paid security, not forgetting a home to escape in the "low season".

Any comments?

Regards

Sev

:cool:

I got the feeling this is the same guy who is being ripped of in his business ventures? I agree with Sev in a way, but also I like to keep a distance its much cheaper :o

Chiang Rai is far away from everywhere, but we can still jump on a plane to almost any location. Do what your heart tells you Johnt, can be nice living in a nowhere place. John Lennon said I'm a real nowhere man living in a nowhere land, making lots of plans for nobodies. Sorry about that :cool:

Actually when I was working offshore, it was more about who was the laziest bunch. Here is a countdown: laziest 1st

at 1 spot were the Farrang drillers etc

at 2 came the Southeren Thais( especially Muslims)

at 3 Thai from Bangkok

at 4 Thai from Chiang mai

at 5 Thai from Issan

It seemed to me that the only people that really worked hard were the Catering crew, mostly Thai from Songkhla & me of course. :D

Thai in general are good workers, just need a little push now and then ???  Nothing agaist Musilms bye the way :o