Buying A New Motorbike

madox66

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new motorbike instead of renting one (I spend 9 months every year in Pattaya) I saw nice ones at Carrefour and I think they should be reliable. But I'm wondering if I will have a hard time for registration and if I will be able to have it insured ?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new motorbike instead of renting one (I spend 9 months every year in Pattaya) I saw nice ones at Carrefour and I think they should be reliable. But I'm wondering if I will have a hard time for registration and if I will be able to have it insured ?

Thanks

No, if you have a non-immigrant visa; yes, but you'll need a valid Thai driver's license for the insurance to be valid as well.

You don't need a non imm visa to buy,I did not have one when I bought mine,but you do need a non imm visa for the licence.

I brought mine from the honda dealer on third road,the last one heading towards xcite disco on the left.

There is a girl there that speaks good english and they take care of the tax disc,and getting the plates for you.

If you just want a run around, the honda wave 125 is considered to be one of the best options.

Theft insurance is B1500 a year,on a deal from honda,not local,they replace 80% of the value if stolen.Other insurance I did not take out.

Hope this is of some help.