Favorite Ka-nom

sbk

I love something called Khanom Ko--it is a ball of dough wrapped around a piece of palm (or coconut) sugar and then boiled. Then, while still hot, rolled in fresh grated coconut.

Another personal favorite is the steamed banana in sticky rice, made with the short fat bananas--Yum :o

What's the name for the sweet / savoury steamed dumplings filed with garlic and other stuff. You get them with chillies, lettuce and coconut milk. I have a serious addition to them but can't remember the name. Also love the egg custard type sweet that is identical to the filling of a custad tart...

My mouth is watering already...

• 2 weeks later...

"Pumpkin with a creamy custard"

I guess it's saang-ka-yaa (custard) fak-thong, I like to add "foi thong" (sweet golden thread, egg yolk boiled in syrup) on top of custard, beautiful look and tasty. It will be glamorous if the pumpkin is carved :o .

"The sweet / savoury steamed dumplings filed with garlic and other stuff. You get them with chillies, lettuce and coconut milk"

It sounds like "kao-griap-paak-mor" to me.

One of my favorites - "kao-nieow tua dum" black bean in coconut milk, eat with sticky rice :D .

• 2 weeks later...

quote name='mssabai' date='2007-11-19 10:12:57' post='1658153']

What's the name for the sweet / savoury steamed dumplings filed with garlic and other stuff. You get them with chillies, lettuce and coconut milk. I have a serious addition to them but can't remember the name. Also love the egg custard type sweet that is identical to the filling of a custad tart...

My mouth is watering already...

post-51325-1197318831_thumb.jpg

Sakoo?

post-51325-1197319067_thumb.jpg

Or kao kiab pak morh?

I like Look choob, kao mao, kanom tuay foo, kanom med kanoon, takoh, sakoo, kong wan for msled tubtim, lors chong, bua loy...many many more!

Take a look at this link.

http://www.shc.ac.th/learning/kanomthai.htm

http://naichef.50megs.com/khanomthai1.html

But look choob is the most top kanom for me. Miniture fruits imitation sweet.

post-51325-1197319385_thumb.jpg