Members Profiles

Simbo

:blink Reading some of the posts on these sites, I get to wondering about the people who write them, but when I check the profiles, they never reveal anything about themselves. Is it because they are shy and like to hide behind their computer, or maybe they fear reprisals for their forthright views. I have seen other forums where members show photos and tell a great deal about themselves. I myself have not revealed anything of myself in case I'm missing something.

Would you really want to correspond with someone one this board that was a transsexual former lorry driver from Hartlepool, UK? Thought not, remain anonymous. :o

That's why you haven't revealed anything much on your profile? :D

Would you really want to correspond with someone one this board that was a transsexual former lorry driver from Hartlepool, UK? Thought not, remain anonymous.  :o

That's why you haven't revealed anything much on your profile? :D

Hi, SIMBO!

This is really a good question -

If you ask the others, why they are anonymous posting out of empty profils, why are you posting out of hiding?

You did not check my profil. My profil is not empty, and the contents are real and true....

So I think, I am not wrong to ask you to go ahead and show up with an informative profil yourself, and maybe some other members will follow your example.

Forthright views? Yes I have them quite often, and some members here do not like them.....

What about you? Who are you?

Good God.. Not again.. We've heard A LOT about your private life, Yohan, i.e. 28 years/30 years thing. :o:D

He asked why. He didn't ask who you (in general.. please don't bite me) were. He didn't tell people to write everybloodything in their profiles either.

I myself have not revealed anything of myself in case I'm missing something.

This could be his answer for you. :D

And will you please stop quoting my post? It's scary!

Yohan, Last time we were in a disagreement you cut and pasted my personal details into a thred and mocked them on the open forum, ya big freak-o-nature - it's because of muppets like you that people probably leave their details blank.

:o:D:D:D:D:wub:-_-:(

there i saved Yohan the trouble as his not here.

:D Gotcha! I really wanted to see how easy it was to get you all at each others throats. Thats why i put the post . True to form, it worked. Ho Ho Ho.

Well, Even Pattaya gets boring sometimes, yer know. :o

IMO, one would reveal some personal details to back up their opinions and stuff. I think it's a bit sick that those freaks dig it all up and attack them. Good example is Begs. He gave out information/experiences about buying stuff in Thailand some time ago. One day, a muppet browsed through all his postings and then cut and pasted his personal details on another thread - which was irrelevant. And when he was trying to set the record straight, someone accused him of showing off or something. It's not fair, I think.

Yohan, Last time we were in a disagreement you cut and pasted my personal details into a thread and mocked them on the open forum, ya big freak-o-nature - it's because of muppets like you that people probably leave their details blank.

FTH,

This must be several months back, I did not find the original postings and details yet, why I replied in this way...but I will do so and look up for the reasons (=your posting towards me - Yohan, the muppet, freak or something like that) and if you like it, I might post them here again, your and my former posting. - I do not write such replies out of nothing.....

I do not understand, why you are coming up with this old story, as we did not have any controversial postings during for more than 2-3 months or more. At least I did not notice anything.

You profil is available for everybody - no restrictions. Let me say, I find it rather strange or even offensive, especially the www-link, you claim to be your own website.

In Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand such a homepage might be shut down by the internet-provider.

Firstly it's my personal page, if people want to look at it then so be it, but it's not meant to be thrust down everyone's throats, the homepage in my personal page is just a webpage, never have I claimed it to be mine. If you find it offensive then so be it, errrrrr...you don't have to click on it

Why did I bring it up? because we're talking about profiles and you asked why more people didn't fill one out and...

The last time we were in a disagreement you cut and pasted my personal details into a thread and mocked them on the open forum, ya big freak-o-nature.

I find your website loathsome in every way possible but I don't go harping on about your ham radio / Japan / 30 yearzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In conclusion, bah!

I do not understand, why you are coming up with this old story,

Just like I didn't (and still don't) understand why you brought a tiny part of my post (remember when I mentioned "rude and drunken foreign bastards"?) up out of the blue - while it wasn't relevant, my friend. You have never explained to me as well. :o

But no, I don't want to know anymore. I'm in a good mood. :D

:o Ok Yohan, you can recheck my profile. So I am an old fart, so what?

I have no secrets.

OK, Simbo, nice to hear from you again.

I am not so much younger than you, by the way.....

You asked, why members do not post anything about themselves in their profils.

I like to explain to you just the opposite - why I make my profil available to everyone.

1-

There are members on this forum, who are not in hiding.... they have profils, are offering links to their homepages and openly share their pictures....

I am not the only one doing that.

2-

My own profil helps a lot, to avoid misunderstandings...different people have different opinions....

Some people do not like my opinion, but they know at least who I am and why I think about some matters in that (my) way and not in their way they like to hear it from me.

3-

It keeps your own posting still on a self-control level, where your text appears correctly on the screen after posting, without mixed up with %characters.

4-

Nobody ever told me here, that I am an unknown troll - or a liar, I do not create fairy-tales, I do not create senseless one-liner .......They know where I am living, they know about my age, about my family....

To use your own words: I have no secrets.....

Nothing wrong with posting their own pictures or personal websites on the net. Otherwise, <deleted> would we creat one for? It's just one's choice to post it here or anywhere else for that matter, or not. If one has posted it, cool you take a look. If not, that doesn't mean they're serial rapists, psychos, or in FBI most wanted list.

Just.. don't be too obsessed with other's personal details like some muppet. If they post, take a look. If not, then that's their choices. And everyone should respect that.

For me personally I don't seriously feel the need to hide my identity.. After all we can and do hold meetings once in a while, where board members meet each other in person and readily tell everyone their name and what they do in Thailand. (At least we do this on the Chiang Mai sub-forum.. :o )

However keep in mind that things you post on internet forums stay around pretty much forever. And with things like Google you could find out a hellivalot about just about anyone by just typing his name into Google.

I think perhaps it even results in cleaner, free-er discussion when I'm able to say how I feel about current politics and politicians in the knowledge that this won't pop up in Google next time I apply for something in Thailand.

This would be especially on touchy topics, those topics that no matter what you say, someone somewhere will take offense to it.

Cheers,

Chanchao

... After all we can and do hold meetings once in a while, where board members meet each other in person and readily tell everyone their name and what they do in Thailand. ...

Cheers,

Chanchao

Anyone going to bkk next week? I am! Could arrange a meeting in Sukhumvit - Gullivers, again? I'd like to put a face to the names. A bit shocked to see Johan is nearly as old as me, I thought he was a youngster! Something about the way he writes... (no offence intended, Yohan, you just sound 'young' to me! :o )

A bit shocked to see Johan is nearly as old as me, I thought he was a youngster! Something about the way he writes... (no offence intended, Yohan, you just sound 'young' to me!  :o )

My birthday is for display in my profil, the link to my homepage with plenty of pictures is also available....please sign my guestbook.

And I am back in Tokyo already.... therefore no bloody cold-hearted and weird Farang in Pattaya and Bangkok anymore since last week. No need to worry, I do not have a twin-brother.