Possible Legal Trouble

captainkeith

Dear Sir;

I received 6 emails in May of this year from an anonymous group in the USA and the Royal Thai Police (maybe), making accusations about me and my trip to Pattaya in March or 2007. They are accusing me of have sex with an underage prostitute there. The letter goes on to say I will be arrested and prosecuted upon my return to the Kingdom for having sex with a minor. I was with one woman there who claimed to be 18. I have never been arrested for any crime in any country.

What concerns me the most is that this group has sent out my photos and their accusations to various organizations and people. She has sent these emails to the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington D.C., the Royal Thai Police, and who knows where else.

I am a little worried about returning to the Kingdom in January. I want to find a way to determine if I am likely to be detained or arrested or worse BEFORE I land in BKK and pass through customs. I have recently applied for and received a 60 day Tourist Visa from the Thai Embassy in Honolulu Hawaii. How should I proceed?

Do I hire an attorney or private investigator to check and flight the claims?

Do I contact the Thai or US Embassy? Do I contact Customs or the Police and ask if my name is on Black List of Persona Non Grata individuals?

On the one hand I do not want to bring attention to myself by

making inquires with officials. But on the other hand my worst fear in doing nothing is to someday be arrested or detained in Thailand or another

country for that matter, while entering or exiting.

Your suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Captain

If she, the girl has been sending emails to third parties and the group in the US is anonymous, then it sounds like a scam.

As to the possibility of a prosecution in Thailand, can her allegation be corroborated by any other witnesses? Though of course false evidence can be brought.

You can ask yourself whether she has reason to have a grudge agioant you and judge the seriousness of the threat against that. Are there any demands for money?

In the light of all this, you must make a decision. Enquiries will get you nowhere in all probabliity.

Avoid Pattaya if you're keen to return to Thailand. Otherwise Hawaii's prety nice. Have a holiday there.

Andrew Hicks

Funny how most posters are just going on about how police would not send emails etc etc.

I would have just thought, if you have not been abusing an under age girl you have nothing to be concerned about.

If you have, then i hope they screw you for it.

How are you really supposed to determine a Thai girl's age before you have consensual sex? I've seen many girls in their early 20's that look 15-16! Are you expect to card them, prior, and also know the difference between a real and fake Thai I.D.?

How many tourists can even interpret the data on the Thai ID card??

How are you really supposed to determine a Thai girl's age before you have consensual sex? I've seen many girls in their early 20's that look 15-16! Are you expect to card them, prior, and also know the difference between a real and fake Thai I.D.?

That's no excuse for having sex with an underage girl.

That's no excuse for having sex with an underage girl.

I very strongly agree, If yor not sure then you dont do. It is your duty not to take advantage of a girl who is under age.

If she looks even close to 18 you should not risk taking advantage of a minor and hefty jail time that will ruin your life completely for just abit of pleasure.

I mean saying she looks 18 is a poor excuse and i bet you the law agrees

If you have a doubt about age or the validity of an ID.....then get a third party to check it out...the receptionist at the hotel or whoever....

If that is not available and you have a doubt then cancel the evening and go to bed alone until it can be verified.

Now just copy/pasted this beauty from another thread running in here,pretty much discloses how Thai Police works :o

no mention of email thou :D ;

Mader was nabbed at Vancouver International Airport on Nov. 1, after getting off a plane from Asia. He is originally from Kitchener, Ont., and has lived in Surrey, B.C.

He was held by authorities under a protective order after a provincial court judge ruled he could pose a threat to children under the age of 14.

Thai police issued an arrest warrant for Mader on Oct. 31 in connection with alleged sexual abuse committed in the coastal city of Pattaya, known for its brothels and other sex industry venues.

• 2 weeks later...