Guns

Dirk_brijs

As I see several shooting ranges in Pattyaya I was wondering what the gun laws are here in Thailand and where even to buy a gun?? meaning a solid gun not one of those self made things on the corner of every street, talking like a 9mm baretta or something?

As I see several shooting ranges in Pattyaya I was wondering what the gun laws are here in Thailand and where even to buy a gun?? meaning a solid gun not one of those self made things on the corner of every street, talking like a 9mm baretta or something?

Thailand prohibits possessing firearms, ammunition or explosives without a license. There are occasions where licences are issued in exceptional circumstances.

If you're caught with a gun and no license, you may get a large fine and be stuck in a jail cell for one to 10 years. It gets worse. If you have a firearm that isn't legal even with a license, offenders can be sentenced to life imprisonment or capital punishment, i.e. death.

As the OP`s request could be construed as leading to an illegal act then discussion of illegal activities is not permitted on thaivisa.com and so this topic is closed.