Instant Hot Water Systems - Ahs Anyone Used In Oz?

wadsy

Hi,

I searched the forums without a lot of luck so I thought I will just ask outright. Has anyone used, or does anyone know of anybody who has taken an instantaneous hot water system back to Oz for use there? With the same voltage and hertz I wouldn't imagine that it would a problem, unless there is something about Australian Standards that prohibits their import that I am unaware of. Does anyone know? We are heading back in December to reclocate there for a 5 yrs then come back here so I thought that sending one of these units back via post would save me quite a few bucks instead of having to buy a storage system there. for our shop. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

they are used all over the world, but in hot countries (like australia or thailand) solar energy should rather be used.

btw for electric heaters you need water pressure (not the free flow from the water tank) or use the better quality pressure heathers (with installed inside pump). They should be as well properly grounded

Thanks, Yes I thought of both those things, the pressure reduction would not be a problem but maybe would have to put the unit outside of the bathroom IF its actually alloqwed at all. The only instantaneous systems that I have found or have ever seen in Oz are the LPG gas varieties, hence the query. Thanks again.

Disregarding the fact that a Thai purchased instantaneous hot water system is allowable in Australia or not, your expensive Australian plumber will be able to install a pressure limiting device so that it can be used.

As far as the electrical is concerned, it is illegal for home owners in Australia to install any "non plug-in" electrical equipment. As such, your expensive electrician will either say "yes" or "no" as to installing such a device...after you pay the service call fee.

THanks for that. I have a friend over there that is a sparky so hopefully installation costs won't be great. I know though it will need a 30amp circuit breaker so I think I will get one here and post that too with the unit. The only prob which I can see is that he will need to put another direct wire in from the meter box to where the bathroom is and its about 20metres. No doubt with the cost of copper wire over there that will run in a few bucks but even if I put in a system from here or a storage system from there I will have to do that anyway. :o

THanks for that. I have a friend over there that is a sparky so hopefully installation costs won't be great. I know though it will need a 30amp circuit breaker so I think I will get one here and post that too with the unit. The only prob which I can see is that he will need to put another direct wire in from the meter box to where the bathroom is and its about 20metres. No doubt with the cost of copper wire over there that will run in a few bucks but even if I put in a system from here or a storage system from there I will have to do that anyway. :o

I strongly advise against buying a circuit breaker in Thailand & sending it to Australia.

The reason for this is that your Oz sparky will need to match the fault current of the other circuit breakers. Unless you know what the fault current is, don't buy a CB here. You could be wasting your money. Also, I think that you'll find that Australian regs require that instantaneous water heaters must be protected with an Earth Leakage device. Again, let your Oz sparky do this.