Current New Condo Designs

I have been happily living in my Bangkok (rented) condo that was built in the early 1990's. It's cheap, spacious with plenty of balcony and natural air circulation. The lifts are looking a little aged these days but apart from that I like it.

I would like to move to somewhere newer but am slightly put off by the looks of the places which seem to be going for appearance rather than functionality? I haven't set foot in many new condos yet, but with all the glass facades, lack of balcony and the sun shade the balconies can provide, I can only imagine it would be like living in a greenhouse? Any comments from people who actually live in these modern monstrosities? Are they at all comfortable?

You seem to have made up your mind about them already yet you say you haven't been in many yet. Many new condos have balconies, many have sun shades, imported heat reflective glass etc. Open your mind and do some inspections, only then can you determine what they are like.

PS whilst I live in a new modern house, a friend of mine just moved into a brand new modern condo off of Sathorn Road, its absolutely lovely and has all of the above, and great alignment which allowed a breeze to come through the entire unit, I thought it was very comfortable.