More Rain More Floods

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High 29°C RealFeel®: 43°C

Low: 23°C RealFeel®: 31°C

The Realfeel is puzzling me :D , 23 C is somewhat cold for swimming......and I don't believe I will feel it like 31 due to humidity.....

Noway also for 29 felt like 43, in summer what will be, 50/55 celsius :o ????

BTW nearly every day on the first page is like this post-50260-1194895140.jpg ...............

Edited by emmezeta

wats the situation in Koh Samui like now? Im going to be there on 23 November... you think everything will be back to normal by then? Its my first time going to Thailand and visiting the southern part is the most prominant part of my holiday...im worried...

Most of the flooding gone, bright and sunny.

Actually i'm surprised how quickly the floods have gone down.

The authorities dealt with it much better this year. I certainly wouldn't change any holiday plans or worry too much. With the amount of rain that fell in those few days there had to be flooding, two years ago it took weeks to get back to normal, this year more like a few days for most areas to be mostly ok.

There still are flooded areas, but it shouldn't effect tourists who will mostly be on the beach, and todays looks like a good beach day.

Womble wrote:

The authorities dealt with it much better this year.

I'm not sure the authorities had anything whatsoever to do with the water draining out to sea eventually, unless you saw them lift up one side of the island to make the water run off faster....

I'm not sure the authorities had anything whatsoever to do with the water draining out to sea eventually, unless you saw them lift up one side of the island to make the water run off faster....

:o not exactly lifting, but at least here in Chaweng it helped that someone had the brilliant idea to lower the water gate at the Chaweng Reservoir - at other places they had at least 10 high powered diesel pumps runnin' to help draining the flood water quicker.....

As womble mentioned it just was so much in such a short time period that flooding of this scale would have happened anywhere!

What the heck - it's over and the sun is out again!

Womble wrote:

The authorities dealt with it much better this year.

The authorites organised the pumps and also used diggers to dig channels for water to flow away in certain problem areas, I think they learned much from two years ago.