Dekseed, Truehits And Dailythailand.com's

StinkyMudFish

Hi All

Someone somewhere has added my hotmail address to Truehits.net, Dekseed.com, Dailythailand.com etc... marketing websites which are spamming my address and listing my address also on google searches. Has anyone had similar problems and how do you go about removing your address from these sites to stop the listing and spamming. As they are all thai related language sites i'm assuming my address has got on there from a thai source locally. Thanks for any help.

Edited by StinkyMudFish

You probably can't remove your address from marketing lists. Best method is to prevent it from getting on those lists in the first place, and that's by not posting/advertising your e-mail anywhere. And that means *anywhere*. If you want some friends to know your address, you write it in a cryptic manner, like stinkymud at hotmail dot com. Post it in any other way at any public site, and it's 100% guaranteed that you'll be on thousands of mailing lists by years end.

If you sign up at alot of odd forums or it is requested a email address when reg a software.  Use a valid email account, but not your main one ie a yahoo address for junk mail and a good address at hotmail. Then visit your junk mail accounts often and report all the spam.  Alwa

ys report spam.  A few years ago I got as 

many as 150 spam in a day.  Today I get as few a 3 in a week and I have 4 accounts.  Always report spam it helps everybody.

what happens if i'v got a long standing hotmail address which i've had for along time and want to continue using it but minus the spam is that possible.

under "options " in your hotmail account, you should be able to choose your level of email filter. This should cull out alot of the junk sent to you. You should be reporting junk mail as well.

is it possible to get my email address off the search listings on google as dekseek and other thai marketing sites have listed my address?

I've no idea - but do what Donnyboy says and change your spam filter in the Hotmail options. I get very few unwanted spam emails now.

But when you do join a new web site that requires registration, make sure you check your junk mail folder in case their first email to you is treated as spam.