Gamecube

JoeATL

I'm moving to Thailand very soon and considering bringing along a Nintendo Gamecube since its a very compact system (and the only one I own). I have two questins regarding it:

1 - Do they sell gamecube games on the streets? I know there are tons of playstations games and such, I just can't remember if there were Gamecube games and i'm concerned about this because they require special (i think), smaller cds. I only have one game and I want to be able to stock up while I'm there.

2 - Is there any issue regarding a US sold Gamecube vs an asian Gamecube? Kind of like the different continent based formats for DVDs (although i think most players read all types now). Also similar to how a nintendo games in Japan use to not work with US systems. if they do sell the games cheap, I just want to make I won't have problems regarding different formats.

Anyone have Gamecube experience? Bring one from the US and how did it work?

Thanks.

I have a gamecube. Nobody has found a way to pirate the discs (only way to play pirate games is via a networked PC-Gamecube with the PC storing image files - way too much trouble for me)

I get my GC games in MBK. I tend to average 1 a month as I only get the GC exclusives (can't wait for Pikmin 2 in about 2 weeks). MBK get the US versions about 7-10 days after the US release date.

Imported GC games? US ones right? I'm in a spot with my X Box. I won't mod it so all I buy are legit games from Singapore and US. Since I'm paying the same price anyway, I'm looking for a more local source. Can you suggest one? All the stores I've been to sell the weird looking pirated ones.

Yes EVERY GC game you see on sale in Thailand is an original. Due to the unique format (and the lack of demand compared to PS2 & Xbox) the pirates never got around to duping GC games.

I wish there was a place to buy US original Xbox games - I've mentioned this several times to the vendors at MBK but they never seem to bother - they have a few Singapoe copies (where the Xbox is VERY popular) though but I want US versions, especially Halo 2 in November

Singapore copies don't work on US X Boxes? I was told by some sellers in Singapore that as long as it had NTSC on the back it was OK. I didn't have my Box with me so I didn't purchase it. But can you confirm this? That Singapore games even thought NTSC do not work on US X Boxes?