Mario In Space!

cooL_guY_corY

I got Mario Galaxy today.. american version, i have an american wii (modded here though) and galaxy says it wants to update and if i am using a modded wii that it may render it inoperable.

so whats the score here? i am pretty sure its playable and that bricking is only cause by say updating the firmware while using say.. a PAL/JAP game.. anyways i didnt update just wanted to do some research first.. really wanna play mario in space though.

ps. turok thats awesome you buy legit games and have an unmodded wii. !

I got Mario Galaxy today.. american version, i have an american wii (modded here though) and galaxy says it wants to update and if i am using a modded wii that it may render it inoperable.

so whats the score here? i am pretty sure its playable and that bricking is only cause by say updating the firmware while using say.. a PAL/JAP game.. anyways i didnt update just wanted to do some research first.. really wanna play mario in space though.

ps. turok thats awesome you buy legit games and have an unmodded wii. !

Don't fear the update on the disk as it will not brick your US Wii

Super mario galaxy has new detection code ingame and will not run with the old Wiikey (modchip) firmware

What you need to do is download the updated Wiikey firmware from:

http://www.wiikey.cn/

Unrar the US ISO image and then burn it to DVD and then run the burnt disc as a gamecube game on your Wii

I did all this around 10 days ago and it took less than 30mins to download, burn and update the Wiikey Bios

This is the only way you will be able to play Super Mario on a modded Wii as even if you buy the original version the game would still detect the old Wiikey mod chip and refuse to run

Super Mario Galaxy is the best game of the year by far and I'm buying the original when it hits the MBK on by next weekend

hey i just an get an unable to read the disc message... do i need to do anything special when i burn it or what?

You probably burnt it at too high a speed

Always burn at the slowest speed possible and don't use cheap blanks - I use Sony's for the Wii

Bricking from Wii updates happens when you use games on Wiis with a different system (as in PAL and NTSC). They use different firmware code. So, if you use a PAL game with a firmware update on an NTSC Wii and update, you'll brick your Wii. However, since the vast majority of Wiis and games sold here are NTSC, there really should be no problem.