Visa Run At Suwannakhet Border To Laos?

Hello,

Is it possible to do a Visa run at Suwannakhet border with Laos, or not? I browsed the forum but couldn't find the answer.

I would like to show up at border without Lao visa beforehand.

I am based in Roi-Et area, Suwannakhet would be a good alternative from going to Vientianne cross the bridge and back with the stamp.

Thanks,

Stef

Edited by riskfreezone

Stef, some useful information. On Monday and Thursday mornings, one of the major tour

operators arrives at the bus station in Mukdahan with beaucoup passengers from Bangkok.

The international bus which leaves hourly starting at 08:00 is already full with Lao and

Vietnamese merchants. Might be advisable to get your own tuk-tuk across and back and

just avoid all the headache. If you can picture 50-60 people going through a bottleneck. :o

Thanks for the info Kali,

We went there by car this morning, arrived around 11h30. At this time it was quiet, I took the shuttle bus, got the visa, stamps and came back without trouble.

Apart from the fact that I believed the stamp was valid for 3 months, and it is for 90 days. I will be 3 days overstay for my trip back to Europe and pay a small fine... (stupid me, I should have checked...)

Will I be in trouble when coming back to Thailand two weeks later if I had a 3 days overstay before? (I have a non-immigrant multiple visa O, valid until June next year)