Medicines

coganp

:o I had not realised drug prices varied so much. Having just saved 2000bht on quite small purchases, compared to the hospital, i recommend all readers find a discounted pharmacy and refuse to buy drugs prescribed at the hospital.

You will find this difficult as the hospitals make it difficult to settle the bill if you dont buy the prescribed medicine.

Iam in Pattaya, but this advice applied nationwide.

:o I had not realised drug prices varied so much. Having just saved 2000bht on quite small purchases, compared to the hospital, i recommend all readers find a discounted pharmacy and refuse to buy drugs prescribed at the hospital.

You will find this difficult as the hospitals make it difficult to settle the bill if you dont buy the prescribed medicine.

Iam in Pattaya, but this advice applied nationwide.

You can buy a prescription drugs here in Thailand pharmacies without doctor prescription. But becareful! Most drugs sell in Thailand are copies, not orginal. Yes, the price is much cheaper, risking your health for the sake saving money ??? Cheers,

i have always used farcino in north pattaya rd,they have all brands and are a wholesaler with the lowest prices in pattaya ,i would never pay the inflated prices in the hospital,a total rip off.

also they have pharmacist on hand to give help.

good advice. yes, the pharmacies at hospitals are a major profit center for them. facino has several branches around town.

I think the Fascino discount card is 5%.

Ask Fascino if they can order your medicines but I have found that they, for whatever reason, are not able to get hold of everything. If you are taking expensive drugs long term or even short term you might be able to order direct from companies such as Siam Pharmaceuticals and DKSH. If you are on a course of drugs that are very expensive at the hospital ask the doctor which pharmaceutical company you can order from.

For those of you who attend Bumrungrad Hospital you have perhaps noticed delivery men bringing in white cool boxes - these are drugs for patients who are seeing their doctors in OPD.

Not all the counter staff at Fascino are clued in. If I don't get the answer I want I ask to speak with Manee.