Singapore - 1 Or 2 Airports?

Andiamo

Hello,

Will be flying to Singapore next week and would like to buy some DutyFree (makeup etc :D ). Can anyone advise if Asia Air (from BKK) flies in and out of the main Changi Airport or do they fly from another smaller, more remote location?

Last month when we flew back from KL with Asia Air, we flew back from a small Airport which seemed to be in the middle of nowehere and the Dutyfree selection was pitiful! I was most disappointed! :o

I'd just like to know in advance as Changi (IMHO), always has such a great selection of Dutyfree Shops...

Anyone on the ground in Singapore that can help about Asia Air?

Thanks guys and gals :D

Hello,

Will be flying to Singapore next week and would like to buy some DutyFree (makeup etc :D ). Can anyone advise if Asia Air (from BKK) flies in and out of the main Changi Airport or do they fly from another smaller, more remote location?

Last month when we flew back from KL with Asia Air, we flew back from a small Airport which seemed to be in the middle of nowehere and the Dutyfree selection was pitiful! I was most disappointed! :o

I'd just like to know in advance as Changi (IMHO), always has such a great selection of Dutyfree Shops...

Flys into Changi in the budget Terminal. Have to say I have not flown into that terminal as of yet, so I can't give you any pointers to what it is like, but as it is S'pore I'm sure it'll be pretty good.

I've always flown Tiger which operates out of the Budget Terminal but will be flying AA for the first time this month and it departs from Changi Terminal 1. The DFS offerings at Terminal 2 is absolutely drool-worthy but can't say the same of T1. No goodies like La mer, Bobbi Brown or Mac. :D Just the usual EL, Clinique, EA and such. :o HTH!

I've always flown Tiger which operates out of the Budget Terminal but will be flying AA for the first time this month and it departs from Changi Terminal 1. The DFS offerings at Terminal 2 is absolutely drool-worthy but can't say the same of T1. No goodies like La mer, Bobbi Brown or Mac. :D Just the usual EL, Clinique, EA and such. :o HTH!

Thanks Fennielyn. That is JUST the info I wanted as I wanted to have a look at Bobbi Brown and Mac! :D .

Actually I should have checked the Internet first as I have now found the website. It seems very convenient as there is a shuttle skytrain which operates between Terminal 1 (Budget Terminal) and Terminal 2 and it takes 5-10 mins & runs 24 hours! COOL!

Hope you also find it useful on your trip there too! :D

http://www.btsingapore.com/get.htm

oh that's awesome! But I the skytrain only operates outside of customs so I may not be able to have access to the DFS in T2. :o Boohoo.

That sucks big time - I am NOT a happy bunny! MAH!

Mmm have to see if there is anyway to "get around the problem!" :D

Why don't you try the Downtown Duty Free in Suntec City, you will have to produce your tickets and passport, but they will probably have most of the stuff that you are after.

Just a suggestion.

Txs Mr Toad - just wondering is Toad Hall in Singapore as you seem to know a lot about the place! :o

Will check out Suntec City - Txs for the tip.

Why don't you try the Downtown Duty Free in Suntec City, you will have to produce your tickets and passport, but they will probably have most of the stuff that you are after.

Just a suggestion.

Txs Mr Toad - just wondering is Toad Hall in Singapore as you seem to know a lot about the place! :o

Will check out Suntec City - Txs for the tip.

Used to work there a few years back, bit of a second home really.

Hello,

They do use the budget terminal now which is basically a concrete hut a few km away from the proper terminal. Transfers between the two are quick and likely 10 / 15 minutes or so I seem to remember. I didn't buy anything at duty free (perhaps I bought some whisky) but you won't be able to go to the duty free in the main airport terminal on your way back.

I don't know about downtown duty free but VAT in Singapore is only 5% so I am not sure how much you can save ?

Airasia fly to terminal one at Changi

Do they really use the Budget Terminal now? Pfft...they really should update their site then coz I'll be flying to BKK in two weeks and still am informed that I'll be departing from T1! :ohttp://www.airasia.com/site/en/factSheet.jsp

Btw, Andiamo, when are you coming to SG? I don't think the DFS is in Suntec anymore...hehe..I should be absolutely sure being that I live here and all yet have never paid much attention to the DFS at all. They've moved to somewhere in Orchard Road. Okie remember now, DFS Galleria Scottswalk. 25 Scotts Road. :D And rejoice! For Sephora, my candystore has now blessed us with her scrumptious presence there. I hear angles singing....beckoning me into her sweet arms. :D

Nothing much now in Singapore was there few weeks ago .. Singaporean now goes shopping in Bangkok rather in Singapore. Some items may be cheap there but really .. there's nothing interesting in Singapore now ...

The only interesting is The Singapore Straights Times which consits of average of 250 pages for only 15 Baht compare to Bangkok post lol

Do they really use the Budget Terminal now? Pfft...they really should update their site then coz I'll be flying to BKK in two weeks and still am informed that I'll be departing from T1! :ohttp://www.airasia.com/site/en/factSheet.jsp

Btw, Andiamo, when are you coming to SG? I don't think the DFS is in Suntec anymore...hehe..I should be absolutely sure being that I live here and all yet have never paid much attention to the DFS at all. They've moved to somewhere in Orchard Road. Okie remember now, DFS Galleria Scottswalk. 25 Scotts Road. :D And rejoice! For Sephora, my candystore has now blessed us with her scrumptious presence there. I hear angles singing....beckoning me into her sweet arms. :D

Only Tiger & Cebu Pacific use the budget terminal. All others at T1 & T2. Soon to open T3

Thanks, for mentioning where it has moved. Haven't been to Suntec for about 3 years, and although was in S'pore last month, I stayed well away from Suntec, too many other things to do, but worth knowing in future it's new location. Scotts Galleria walk, near Orchard MRT right? If it is, I must have walked past it when I went to Muddy Murphys :D

Most of the items mentioned sound like perfumes and "body enhancers". Do not confuse "duty-free" with "tax/GST-free". Perfumes and "body enhancers" are non-dutiable items in Singapore, hence "duty-free" is a misnomer. Very few items are dutiable in Singapore but intoxicants are.