Where To Get A Multiple Entry Tourist Visa?

Hi there,

Does anyone know where you can get a multiple entry visa on this side of the planet? Mine comes up in Dec, and I would like to start to plan this. I live relatively close to the crossing at Mae Sot. I am not sure what you can get from Burma. I came with a triple entry from Canada, and I hear that is unheard of over here. Double entries? Anywhere? Thanks.

After reading this forum for an hour or two, maybe my better option is to extend this one, then apply for one, and if refused, go for my 3 VOA's. Is this possible?

I am hoping to stay till May or so. BTW, getting married next month, to a Thai. Any input on my scenario? I don't have a Thai bank acct, or WP, but the money exists. Is it still 400,000 if you are married, and do you need to show income as well? How long does it need to stay in a Thai bank? How long before you apply for a visa based on marriage, does the money need to show in a Thai bank?

I know I could access alot of this on this site, but I have been reading now for quite a while and am going to bed.

Thanks

Extend and once married you can apply for non immigrant O visa which provides 90 day stay - and if you can show 400k Singapore will provide multi entry valid for one year and Penang may provide even without showing funds (but still good to have some in a bank account to show).

does the money need to be in a Thai bank? alot easier to show from a Canadian bank

Thanks for your help

It can be in any bank.

Note that if you want a yearly extension from immigration in Thailand you will need 40,000 Baht monthly income. The 400,000 in the bank is not an option for new applicants.

Hi there,

Does anyone know where you can get a multiple entry visa on this side of the planet? Mine comes up in Dec, and I would like to start to plan this. I live relatively close to the crossing at Mae Sot. I am not sure what you can get from Burma...

Follow the excellent advice given by the other posters. Proximity to the Burmese border will be useful at best for getting a 30-day visa waiver stamp from Thailand Immigration. As for a multiple entry visa from Burma, you'd have to travel all the way to Yangon (Rangoon), practically taking a flight from Bangkok, which isn't advisable anyway, as the Thai embassy in Rangoon seems to be quite reluctant to give out even single visas to non-residents in Burma.

ok....The more I understand, the more this is starting to look like a pickle. I can't provide proof of earnings. I work here illegally and have income in Canada, but I don't pay tax on any of it. Therefore, I am unable to fulfill to fill the documentation of income burden. Does that leave me in the cold as far as an "O "marriage visa? I can show the 400K. But not the income. With that that, it looks like my stay here may be limited this time. I am on my 6th visa from Canada, this year. Also this year I had one VOA, and two before it, last year in this passport. That's a total of 9 visas.

Question....Can I apply and get an extension on this last visa? If yes or no...can I then get my 3 VOAs again. It's been a long time since I had one. Or...If I go to another country and am refused another visa....can I get the VOAs?

An answer to this should put me in decision making mode.

Thanks again

ok....The more I understand, the more this is starting to look like a pickle. I can't provide proof of earnings. I work here illegally and have income in Canada, but I don't pay tax on any of it. Therefore, I am unable to fulfill to fill the documentation of income burden. Does that leave me in the cold as far as an "O "marriage visa? I can show the 400K. But not the income. With that that, it looks like my stay here may be limited this time. I am on my 6th visa from Canada, this year. Also this year I had one VOA, and two before it, last year in this passport. That's a total of 9 visas.

Question....Can I apply and get an extension on this last visa? If yes or no...can I then get my 3 VOAs again. It's been a long time since I had one. Or...If I go to another country and am refused another visa....can I get the VOAs?

An answer to this should put me in decision making mode.

Thanks again

Your only option appears to be , get married and get O Visa based on marriage from Malaysia. You may get a multi entry from Penang, KL or Singapore which will give you 15 months but will need you to exit and entry every 90 days.

As you are working here illegally you could be arrested and deported at any time.

thank you. why Malaysia? because of a posibble exclusison of the requirement to show income? and....what about the three 30 day VOAs...? anyone know?

Thanks

Malaysia and Singapore are the only places locally with a chance of getting a Multi Entry Non O Visa if you are married to a Thai.

As for the 30 Days Visa exempt stamps. You are allowed a total of 90 days in a 6 month period.