Cheap Labor

Paleface

Im starting this thread after reading a post that questioned the intelligence of security guards, petrol attendants etc.

As for thier intelligence or lack of, I would rather not comment. They have in the past been the cause of my rising blood pressure, but now I really find thier antics quite amusing.

For instance, the petrol attendants who continue to pump petrol as it runs out all over the ground, just so they can round off to the nearest 10 baht.

And a security guard I once saw, who was so skinny he made Barney Fife look like Arnold Swartennegger. His hat was 6 sizes too big and covered his eyes. He had a pair of handcuffs, but I couldnt really picture him apprehending a crook.

Then, what are all the employees for at Big C? If you ask them where something is, all you get is a blank stare and a "duhhhh?". All they do is squat in the aisles and put on thier makeup. (the girls and the boys)

I suggest instead of getting upset, just enjoy the show.

We have the same situation here in Japan, too. And I think, it is important to offer such young men and women a little job....

So they feel, they are doing some useful work. This is much better than to keep them unemployed and totally without money. Many young people, who are out of work are coming up with crazy ideas, because they feel useless or boring and ending in drugs or other form of criminality.

Thailand is a very safe country, same here in Japan.... it is better for all of us, that they have a *work* to do and that they are not jobless.....

Im starting this thread after reading a post that questioned the intelligence of security guards, petrol attendants etc.

As for thier intelligence or lack of, I would rather not comment. They have in the past been the cause of my rising blood pressure, but now I really find thier antics quite amusing.

For instance, the petrol attendants who continue to pump petrol as it runs out all over the ground, just so they can round off to the nearest 10 baht.

And a security guard I once saw, who was so skinny he made Barney Fife look like Arnold Swartennegger. His hat was 6 sizes too big and covered his eyes. He had a pair of handcuffs, but I couldnt really picture him apprehending a crook.

Then, what are all the employees for at Big C? If you ask them where something is, all you get is a blank stare and a "duhhhh?". All they do is squat in the aisles and put on thier makeup. (the girls and the boys)

I suggest instead of getting upset, just enjoy the show.

Hey Mr. Bigman how about you put that uniform on?? and see how it is during a work day. Their pumping gas into your car and you complain?? how about you get out and do it!!

I'm in the states and they don't do anything like that anymore, Not even a hello at a McDonalds or a Subway, At least you get a Sawasdee at those places in Thailand.

Like I always say U don't like living there You can always Leave. :o