Kanchanaphisek Bridge Opens 15nov

Digitalbanana

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question "YES" it does. :D

See the maps below, in two parts as it was too long to scan in.

Big Files BTW, :o (sorry to the Dial-up Members) so that you Kan see the details.

post-3770-1196068036_thumb.jpg

Went on the new part today as I am based near to the New Airport from Kanchanaburi, and saved about 20 or so minutes travel time.

No toll fees as yet so another savings of 65 baht was a bonus.

Great views, shame it was hazy.

For those that would like to see the maps on my web-page for easy of reading and downloading click on the links below:-

Map Part No. 1

Map Part No. 2

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I live near The Mall, Bangkapi and anytime I drive to Hua Hin, I always use the expressways (entered at SC Park Hotel Lat Phrao, changed to another expressway, over the Rama 9 bridge and exited onto Rama 2 Rd). From enter to exit it usually takes about 30-35 mins.

Would it be quicker for me to use the new ring road, entering at Ramkhamhaeng Rd and exiting at the Rama 2/Kanchanaphisek intersection?

Thanks for any help.

BigA,

Try it and see. Should be about the same time as it is "the long way round" for you.

Bonus point : no Toll-way fees as yet.

Very little traffic on that road and a great view of Bangkok as well when crossing this bridge. :o

Kan Win :D

Thanks Kan Win. It certainly looks the long way round on a map, but on returning to Bangkok from HH, there are sometimes horrendous jams to get onto the expressway at Dao Khanong toll booths, and passing the port exit is also snarled up woth lorries etc. May use the new ring road on the way back.