Internet Banking Australia

Can anybody tell me if there is a way for a non Australian citizen to get a Bank Acc in Aus whilst living here in Thailand. I need internet banking facilities so I can pay up to 12 people every month.

My idea is to make one deposit to the Aus bank per month and then distribute it with internet banking. If non of this is possible does anybody know a way to do this without incurring massive bank charges.

To open a bank account in Australia you must have 100 points for identification and be at the bank in person. All information is logged onto their computer and is available for the Australian Taxation Office. You will need an Australian address. If approved you can apply for an internet account. If you do not supply a Tax File Number all interest will be taxed at the max rate.

You should open your account in your home country or perhaps Hong kong or Singapore.

Yes Citibank is as good as any , National Australia Bank would be ok , 100 points needed to open , Citibank once you have a account can and will transfer funds into a Citibank Thai Branch no transfer fees .

cheers.

I also have accounts with Citibank HK and BKK and my branch in HK verified my ID in order to open the Australian account.

While in Australia, I opened accounts at Westbank and they promptly started by internet banking, about 2 hours. However, they sent my passwords etc to my Thai address not the local one.

Very easy to pay people or businesses in Australia through their various payment methods. They do charge me 5AUD a month for a tree of accounts for internet use.

Direct deposit to retailers in Australia on the internet is a popular payment method.