Ubc Tv

noise

While installing the dish and connecting the decoder in my neighbors house, the technician saw that the whole house is wired and all rooms are interconnected. He then suggested what he called in Thai a "AV link" (a phonetic pronounciation) which he described as a wireless link to the receiver/decoder with a remote that would allow the viewer to turn on the receiver/decoder in the living room and then view and control the channels from the upstairs bedroom. It does not change the service to which one is subscribed (i.e., it is not an illegal decoder, you do not get platinum channels on a gold service program), it is just a re-routing of the signal from one TV to another. The one time price quoted was 1800 baht. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Years ago I had what sounds like a similar setup. It used an FM remote instead of the infra red one. I could change the channels etc from the bedroom which was quite some distance and a few corners from the receiver. When in the bedroom I would use the FM one and in the living room use the IR one. My system worked well BTW

I have two of the wireless setups, one for ubc, one for satelite tv. Have had them for about 4 years with no problems.. My cost was 1500 baht. Great devices :o

Ajarn,

What are yours called and where are a couple of places at which I could buy one?

If the kit was to be supplied by True Visions, you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere. Try the satellite tv/electronics shop halfway down Chiang Moi Rd, right hand side.

Quite correct. My UBC bedroom remote cost me 1500 installed by UBC, but if you want to do it yourself, you can buy the romote units for approx 800 baht at the store mentioned above.