3 Stage Water Filter

nokia

Hey folks,

i bought one of those common 3 stage water filter, which comes with a pre-filter(5micron), ion exchange & a carbon.

Then i bought another ceramic (0.3micron) refill because the salesman said it makes the water drinkable.

Now i got 4 filters to put into 3 canisters. Which is the odd one out? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey folks,

i bought one of those common 3 stage water filter, which comes with a pre-filter(5micron), ion exchange & a carbon.

Then i bought another ceramic (0.3micron) refill because the salesman said it makes the water drinkable.

Now i got 4 filters to put into 3 canisters. Which is the odd one out? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

not sure but i would replace the ion exchange

if you had the money i would buy a proper filter that has 3 stages + uv light to be sure

not sure but i would replace the ion exchange

if you had the money i would buy a proper filter that has 3 stages + uv light to be sure

Uv light is better, and will consider that the next round. I also think the ion filter can be left out.

So is the sequence pre-filter ->carbon -> ceramic or carbon last?

Thanks.

Ceramic should be the last filter as that stops everything (including the charcoal color). Normal old fashioned stainless units (which I still use here in Bangkok) would have resin to carbon to ceramic filters (at 1 micron). Unless well water (with a bunch of minerals) you probably do not need a prefilter.

Ceramic should be the last filter as that stops everything (including the charcoal color). Normal old fashioned stainless units (which I still use here in Bangkok) would have resin to carbon to ceramic filters (at 1 micron). Unless well water (with a bunch of minerals) you probably do not need a prefilter.

Thanks lopburi. i think the source in my CM mooban is groundwater, so ideally i would need prefilter+resin(softener)+charcoal(remove toxins)+ ceramic(remove bacteria?), maybe next time uv(kill virus). Everyone in TV seems to say that even with home filter, it takes a strong stomach to get used to the water, so i'm still buying & drinking bottled water.

Most of my Thai neighbours in CM order water, but i noticed my Thai friend's family further up north in rural Fang, drink water straight from a simple 2 stage home filter. It tastes abit salty, but i guessed their stomachs are used to it.

elkangorito, i dun drink coffee and no kiln nearby. thks anyway. :o