Correct Price For Beach Massage At Jomtien Beach Is...

Weho

I enjoy non-sexual massages at Jomtien beach, usually in the homosexual area, around stations #15 to #24, sort of near that Avalon Hotel Resort. Lately, I have been quoted 250 baht for a one hour non-sexual beach massage. Is that the fair price? I know there are semi-reputable places that charge less than 200 baht, (community massage room, sometimes non air conditioned), so it seems that someone on the beach, that doesn't pay rent or insurance or taxes etc., who probably has no license, should NOT be charging MORE than the cheapest in-store massages.

It's very relaxing at the beach, but 250 baht seems high to me. Any thoughts?

I think the Homeland Massage place, on Pattaya North road, has a massage in a community room, air conditioned, for less than 250 baht for an hour, and it is a spectacular setting...

Oh, and if I hire the beach guy for a second hour, how much should that cost? Sometimes it takes almost an hour for me to train the guy exactly where I want him to concentrate on, and how to do it...

There is a large woman that gives a great beach foot massage, but I haven't seen her in months... And I avoid those beach nail clippers, as you're almost guaranteed to get toe fungus from one of those unclean clippers... Nasty stuff!

Ooops... I guess I did mean HEARTland... yes, it's nice in there, but is 350 baht in a private room, or one of those community type rooms with lots of tourists from northern countries? And I never know what to tip in there... any suggestions??

If you look in the back of the Heartland building, there is a housing building, which is where most of their staff live... it appears to be non-airconditioned housing... my experience is the guys on the beach aren't really trained, but once in a while, you get someone that knows what they are doing... At Heartland, they are always good.

And I like going over that that part of town, cause I can do both Heartland AND the Faustino pharmacy, for colonic supplies... even if I don't need anything, I enjoy just looking at their display... I swear, it makes me feel healthier just LOOKING at it... thinking of all those toxins leaving my body.

It just seems to me if Heartland does a 2 hour massage, by qualified people, in air conditioned surroundings, for 350 baht, then a 2 hour massage AT THE BEACH should cost LESS... Truthfully, a realistic price for a massage at the beach should be 100 baht for an hour, or 180 baht for two hours. So why doesn't Heartland just shut down, and send their hundred or so workers right to the beach to make more money?

If you think the massage is worth 250-300, then you arent being ripped off, You pays your money and takes your choice, you dont have to use them

If you pay 250-300 and dont get a massage, you are being ripped off

Do you think the massage is a quality massage ?

If you dig about I'm sure you could get it cheaper, but what would the quality be like ?

yes I look forward to a good "trad" massage its one of the first things I do after stepping out of the swimming pool when I arrive in LOS,.. but I must say that some years ago I had a skin fungus infection which took a few years to go away, it used to show more when sun tan went ,BUT i don't know why or where I became infected?

Ooops... I guess I did mean HEARTland... yes, it's nice in there, but is 350 baht in a private room, or one of those community type rooms with lots of tourists from northern countries? And I never know what to tip in there... any suggestions??

If you look in the back of the Heartland building, there is a housing building, which is where most of their staff live... it appears to be non-airconditioned housing... my experience is the guys on the beach aren't really trained, but once in a while, you get someone that knows what they are doing... At Heartland, they are always good.

And I like going over that that part of town, cause I can do both Heartland AND the Faustino pharmacy, for colonic supplies... even if I don't need anything, I enjoy just looking at their display... I swear, it makes me feel healthier just LOOKING at it... thinking of all those toxins leaving my body.

I usually tip 100 Baht. In fact, I think I'll go Sunday afternoon for a massage. If I am am not mistaken, I think they have a point card that gives a free massage after so many times. The girls there are massive. They look like body builders.