New Thai Car

2long

I am the CEO MD and Chief of Design for a new mult-provincial car manufacturer.

We want to design a car that is perfect for Thai drivers and need YOUR help.

The design process is still in the early stages, so your inputs are ALL possible. Please don't hold back, we will look carefully at all ideas.

The criteria is that the vehicle must be able to transport an average sized Thai family, most of which will be sleeping, eating, watching tv or on the phone.

This is what we have so far;

#1 no wing mirrors

#2 no indicators

#3 'heads-up' display on the windscreen, in front of the driver's line of vision, of local tv

#4 'peasant bars' similar to Australian 'roo bars' which are there to prevent poor people (including motorcyclysts) from damaging the paint

I think the 'heads up' display should be used for displaying the text of karaoke songs.

Also a built in microphone for every seat, and a 20 Megawatt sound system should be standard.

For safety airbags should be mounted all around the outside of the vehicle and should inflate on approaching a corner or crossing. Automatic deflation only when parked and engine is shut down.

Instead of rear view mirrors a set of front view mirrors should be installed.

I can think of another 100 features but that would be giving away too much valuable information.

How about instead of the accelarator you just use a button or swith... on and off.

On = Full throttle (brakes off)

Off = No throttle (brakes on full, to the point of nearly locking up)

Maybe you could also install an automatic whistling device, that whistles everytime you leave a hotel/apartment/shopping center... etc...

Or how about some sort of 'distance reader' fitted to the front bumper to enable people to drive even closer to the car in front...

No doors could cancel the need for air con!

An on board computer that clearly states the worst course of action to take in any situation. So that the driver is assured to be the worst driver by far and in doing so will gain respect from the other wanabe morons who are driving at the moment. Don't just do it wrong do it really wrong!

The most important things about any Thai vehicle are the airconditioning & the ability to have lots of "knick Knacks" hanging around everywhere.

Other things of importance are;

1] all windows should not be tinted but be "blacked out", thus maximising the use of the "heads up" display & the airconditioning.

2] plenty of knobs & things should be available from which "things" can hang.

3] the addition of a "forward sensing" radar is essential, thus telling the driver the optimal time to overtake another vehicle ie when another vehicle is approaching on a blind bend or hill. This radar shall also be used to sense & indicate the optimal tailgating distance & speed ie 3 metres at 120kph. An alarm shall sound if this condition is not met ie too far away or at too low speed.

4] door chutes should be provided to prevent any of those annoying & unnecessary "rubbish" stops". The "door chutes" should in no way interfere with the efficiency of the airconditioning.

These requirements may present a small engineering challenge.

and .......

don't forget the extended drivers side door pocket to store the running shoes for ease of convenience to make a quick run away incase of accident.

maybe for the higher end models a a small escape pod fitted to the side of the vehicle for such purposes

:o

edit: sp !

Edited by sinom

Cast-iron doors and wings. Cast iron fenders. hel_l, just cast iron everywhere.

No rear seat, just a pre-installed straw mat. Ramp-and-hoist system for boarding decrepit grandmothers should be available as an option.

Fold-out food preparation area with rice steamer, mortar and pestle and an electric grill.

Loops and pegs for hanging bog roll spaced at 200cm intervals around the interior.

Child's entertainment center with "Spot the Foreigner" game. (Projects random images on the side windows when outside municipal limits. First kid to jump up, point a finger and holler "Farang! Farang!" wins.)

OnStar-like GPS system that has an extra circuit to detect railroad crossings and disable diesel locomotives from 5km away.

Under-hood 10 liter reserve tank for mentholated product feed to the cabin air system.

My wifes Brother-in law picked us up from the airport last year in his Toyota pick-up. There was him driving his wife in the front holding our then 1 1/2 year old Son (in fact he was perched on the dash!) me and the wife and two other kids sat in the back on tiny little seats, air con on full (they think i like to be frozen at all times), loud music, every one talking at the same time, doing it must of been 80/90 mph all the way! driving literally 2/3 feet behind the car in front. over-taking everything. In the end i could'nt take any more and just cowered behind the drivers seat convinced we were all going to die.

Guess who's picking us up next year!! :o

Don't forget the built in radar with Need-for-speed style arrows, so you can cut into a lane when someone is is trying to overtake.

Equally important is a 'hang time' counter for how long you drive in the right-most lane on the highway/motorway at 60km/hr.

Won't be needing lights altogether. You can still see at night using the street-lights. If there are none, you shouldn't turn your lights on anyway, as you might disturb the local wildlife, or the police will be able to see you better.

Edited by Dissolution

Maybe a bit offtopic but...

The Thais are not the only bad drivers on the roads of LOS.

There are many Farang who moved to Thailand and think they are 18 again and have to prove themselfs for the lady´s.

My opinion : People older than 55 shouldn't be aloud to drive any longer. :o

People under 55 shouldn't be aloud to write.

There are many Farang who moved to Thailand and think they are 18 again and have to prove themselfs for the lady´s.

Or spell!!- for both age groups!!!

themself's

lady's

aloud

Lets try a little harder chaps

Or spell!!- for both age groups!!!

themself's

lady's

aloud

Lets try a little harder chaps

Some folks need to have their 'sarcasm radar' fine-tuned!