Crediting The Utilities

Hey.. I am curious if there is a way to add credit or something similar to take the worry out of paying monthly elec // water bills for a house up in Khonkaen.. obviously the easy logical step is a direct deposit sorta setup through the bank although i tried this once and it didnt work and tried again and everyone told me, ok maybe it will work in a few months. Maybe this is a KK thing, i am not really sure, but i have lost a lot of faith in the direct deposit system.. unless someone specifically knows a good idea to fastrack it.. like pay off everyone at the bank and the utilities.. hmm sounds pricey.. anyways i tried to just add a some credit when i paid the bills at 7-11 before but its not possible to do.. maybe some way to setup it up through a credit/atm card or pay through the atm even though i dont have the bills ? Thing is i dont live in KK even though i am usually in bkk so it makes it a hassle.. right now friends just pay it for me but i really REALLY dont like rely on other people for this type of stuff. Any help would be heartwarming <3

I have direct debit to a utilities account at SCB from TOT and local water. However, Egat won't allow such an arrangement with SCB. A few years ago, I did set it up with Bangkok Bank and Egat debited the account every month, after they sent the bill letting me know how much would be debited.

Now, however, since they spent a fortune putting those little plastic receptacles on your gate post with the monthly bar code bill in it, I wonder if they still will do a direct debit thing. I know the last time I tried, the local office said they don't have enough staff to do direct debits. Maybe it is up to the local office. Clearly, if is much easier for them to have you do the leg work and go to 7-11 and pay them so the local office doesn't have to do anything.

I would sure like to get this straightened out as it is the only utility that is so difficult to deal with.