Non Imm B Confusion

I have a 1 year multiple entry non-imm B visa which is due to expire mid september. (I will not apply for extension since I will be going home at the end of September).

On returning to Thailand after a visa run this month i filled out the form for a tourist visa since this would give me an extra 2 weeks beyond the expiry of my B visa and enable me to stay until my flight leaves.

The border immigration changed all the info on the card, inserted my B visa info and gave me a stamp for 3 months.......huh? I was expecting either a tourist visa or a stamp for the remaining period of my B visa.

So the situation is i have a valid B visa for 1 month but an entry stamp for 3 months. This seems like one of those situations that can cost a lot of money.

So....the qustion to the Guru's..........

How long can I stay on my current visa..... 1 month or 3. My feeling is 1 month since the visa is the important document and the border officail was too lazy to change the stamp. But can anyone give me a definitive answer?

Relax. You can stay until the end of the current 90 day stamp. The visa date is a use by date - has nothing to do with how long you can stay here. The stamp at the border is what you use to stay here. For a non immigrant visa it is normally 90 days - even if you get it on the final day that your visa is valid for.

Key is Multi entry - each entry can be 90 days - a entry can be made at any time the visa is valid for - the entry stamp remains valid even if the visa date is past.

Hope all is clear as mud. You are safe. :o