Best Beaches In Thailand

BIG SPUDS

Going back to thailand september, could anyone tell me where i go to see those picture postcard beaches?

I have a week to do a bit of sight seeing with the GF. Can any one recommend a lovely beach?

What about Phi Phi? is it too close to all the trouble down south?

Where do i need to avoid?

Any other sight seeing musts also welcome!!!! :o

is Phuket an area to stay away from?

What are the closest beautiful beaches to pattaya?

Going back to thailand september, could anyone tell me where i go to see those picture postcard beaches?

I have a week to do a bit of sight seeing with the GF. Can any one recommend a lovely beach?

What about Phi Phi? is it too close to all the trouble down south?

Where do i need to avoid?

Any other sight seeing musts also welcome!!!! :D

is Phuket an area to stay away from?

What are the closest beautiful beaches to pattaya?

:o:D:D There's no "trouble down south" here (Phuket)! It's very quiet now, in fact. My favourite beach is Karon, northern end. Beautiful sand, clean air, food stalls, can park on the beach, unbelievable sunsets, lots of crabs for "som tam boo". Perfect. :D

Sairee Beach on Koh Tao is nice. As are many beaches (small) on the Island.

Many pictures on postcards are taken there. Nangyuan Island is very nice too, although it is used a lot by divers and there is not much else to do. But if you are into diving or snorkeling this is the place.

You can get there from Samui or Chumphon with a catamaran.

Been on Phi Phi, although it is very nice it is a little bit overcrowded for my taste. But a short boat trip can take you to a lot of surrounding islands with beautiful beaches.

Railey Beach in Krabi, is on all magazine covers for Thailand, stay at Sand and Sea, for about 2400, or at Railey Beach club if you want a house, more Baht. or at Rayavadee for about 300 US, but there are other cheaper places as well. You go to Au Nang and then take a boat, about 10 minutes. This is stunning scenery, look at internet. You can do day trip from there to "Chicken Island" , or Koh Poda. VERY VERY scenic, better than Samet or anything in Phuket that I have seen.