Looking For Staff To Work The Late Shift At Our Burger/kebab Shop

whimsy

We are currently looking for an additional female worker to work the 11pm to 5am shift in our burger/kebab shop in Chiang Mai near Spicy Pub. Pay is above average for this job, plus a share of the tips. We open 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday. There is the possibility of additional hours if wanted.

Some level of spoken and written English skills are useful, but not essential. It would be a good environment to learn and practice English as they would be hearing it spoken every day. We will train them to prepare and cook the food and other tasks required. An attractive side benefit to some may be the number of farang guys they would get to meet as we have a constant stream of hungry expats and tourists eating there.

PM me for details and I'll send a phone number where they can discuss it in Thai with my wife. Or else just drop into Woody's and have a talk to her about it.

Thanks

Edit: Looks like the sub-title was too long. That should have read "Could be a good job for your wife or girlfriend's sisters, cousins or friends."

Edited by whimsy

LOL.. Talk about a safe environment... 4am outside of Spicy!!! And meeting 'hungry Farangs' is a BENEFIT???

And, my wife's sisters, cousins and friends make more money than you do with that shop, never mind any staff!

How's your work permit coming along btw?

That was uncalled for :o:D

Everybody's gotta make a living

LOL.. Talk about a safe environment... 4am outside of Spicy!!! And meeting 'hungry Farangs' is a BENEFIT???

And, my wife's sisters, cousins and friends make more money than you do with that shop, never mind any staff!

How's your work permit coming along btw?

Your post is borderline flaming and unless you have supporting evidence that Woody is working illegally in Thailand I strongly suggest you keep your accusations out of this forum.

If you wish to continue to participate on Thai Visa accept this as a warning to learn proper nettiquete.

To other members of the forum - normally I would do this by PM but because it has already generated a reply I decided to make this a public reply.

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

Outside of Spicys? Wouldn't horny farangs be more appropriate? :D

In my "bad boy" days :o I used to regularly go to Mikes (when it really was Mikes) burgers at 3:00 or 4:00am. At that time it was mostly guys just getting a burger and very rarely was anyone rude. Most of the drunken idiots were at Spicy's getting a different sort of take away.

I think that Woody's would be a good place for a girl to work the late shift. Right next to the 7-11 and with a steady stream of English speaking tourists/expats. Close enough to Spicy's to get the customers looking for a burger or kebab and far enough from Spicys to not be hassled by the drunks.

CB

I used to regularly go to Mikes (when it really was Mikes) burgers at 3:00 or 4:00am. At that time it was mostly guys just getting a burger and very rarely was anyone rude.

You must mean, anyone other than Mike! :o

Believe it or not but Mike has never been rude to me. I know he can be abrasive :D but he works very hard and being a New Jersey boy has the patience of a New York Minute but I have never had a problem with him. Well ok when he made out he was a breathless Newbie extolling the virtues of a fantastic new hamburger place on the Hang Dong road it was a bit much.

However that said Woody is a really nice guy and will you guys STOP taking the ^%#&ing beetroot that we Aussies desperately need to keep ourselves sane.

CB

Mike yelled at me for putting information about his Mexican restaurant on the Internet "before he was ready" and getting him all kinds of customers before he had worked out all the glitches. I told him that most people would appreciate having any customers at all during the time that he opened it (low, low season) and he gave me a big song and dance about how patient he was.

If I remember correctly he started talking about selling it within 3 weeks because "it wasn't earning enough" and he did sell it a few months later and the new boss has done an excellent job of keeping the food up to Mike's standards and even improving a lot of things. :o