Porsche Boxster Vs. Bmw 328i Convertable

jonniebkk

Come on, stop this silliness. There is only one Porsche, the 911. And there is only one Bimmer, either the E30 M3 or 325is, or what?

If you want to race, you have to step up and be a real man, not a wuss.

Ok?

The original question that kicked off this thread was not about which is the best Porsche, it was about whether to choose a Boxster or a 328i. If the 911 and the Boxster cost the same amount of money then I don't think that anyone would chose the Boxster over the 911, but for some people money is a factor. Without a doubt the 911 is a better phallic symbol and any real man would own one.

Come on, stop this silliness. There is only one Porsche, the 911. And there is only one Bimmer, either the E30 M3 or 325is, or what?

If you want to race, you have to step up and be a real man, not a wuss.

Ok?

The original question that kicked off this thread was not about which is the best Porsche, it was about whether to choose a Boxster or a 328i. If the 911 and the Boxster cost the same amount of money then I don't think that anyone would chose the Boxster over the 911, but for some people money is a factor. Without a doubt the 911 is a better phallic symbol and any real man would own one.

Thazz what I'm talking bout.

No, it's more complicated than that. To own one in Thailandl, it's at least double the cost and probably 2.5 the cost of owning one in UK or US. That puts a tremendous damper on things and puts everything off.

*Just buy the dam_n diesel pickup and forget it. You will never have the enjoyment you had b4.

Edited by keemapoot

No, it's more complicated than that. To own one in Thailandl, it's at least double the cost and probably 2.5 the cost of owning one in UK or US. That puts a tremendous damper on things and puts everything off.

*Just buy the dam_n diesel pickup and forget it. You will never have the enjoyment you had b4.

Even if the Boxster was the same price as in Europe i still wouldn't want to drive a sportscar like that here in Thailand besides it being a girls Porsche.

Oh no i feel great now, i was 29 when i bought my first Boxster and i was 21 when i got my first 911. But if it is any consulation, at the time i did feel like a 45 year old. Got the pics to prove it.

Porsches are the best cars in the world (in my opinion of course) and yes you are right IF i had the money (it is now in the form of a condo) i would'nt buy one here as the roads and your fellow drivers would have it wrecked inside a year.

Regards

Oh no i feel great now, i was 29 when i bought my first Boxster and i was 21 when i got my first 911. But if it is any consulation, at the time i did feel like a 45 year old. Got the pics to prove it.

Porsches are the best cars in the world (in my opinion of course) and yes you are right IF i had the money (it is now in the form of a condo) i would'nt buy one here as the roads and your fellow drivers would have it wrecked inside a year.

Regards

Yeah, but admit it, you'd kill for another 911, but couldn't give a toss for any stupid Boxter?

If its a Boxster S then thats what I would get. The low end base Boxster isnt that much of a fun car.....

A Ford Fiesta isnt a fun car as for the Boxster, i had the 2.7L and it gave me alot of fun (with the traction control off)

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Come on, stop this silliness. There is only one Porsche, the 911.

Ok?

You mean you cant afford a carrera GT ??

And the 959 is not a real porsche ??

For a toy car out here I would love to build a fake snake.. Over powered, no traction control, one of the most iconic shapes ever.. And keep a range rover to drive day to day.

LivinLOS...Even if you had that "fake snake" you describe, I bet it would still be better than one of those awful Range Rovers :o

Coming from the land of "muscle cars" (USA), I found the Porsche 911 to be a pleasure to drive. My folks had a second hand convertible 911 with the turbo body style, but with a non-turbo engine. Off the line, the 911 would give those monster muscle cars (Ford Mustang, Dodge Charger, etc) a real test, but in general handling/cornering, those muscle cars would be left WAY behind :D

I only got to drive that car twice, and in both cases I don't think my dad knew about it. Even my older brother who had MUCH nicer/newer cars than I had didn't get the chance to experience that car...something I love to rub in till this day! :D

Edited by Thaiboxer

Come on, stop this silliness. There is only one Porsche, the 911.

Ok?

You mean you cant afford a carrera GT ??

And the 959 is not a real porsche ??

For a toy car out here I would love to build a fake snake.. Over powered, no traction control, one of the most iconic shapes ever.. And keep a range rover to drive day to day.

the 911 twin turbo aint bad.

GT3 is better.

Carrera GT is the best.

Hehe, all dreaming. a 2001 boxster will set you back between 3.5 and 4 million, i don't know about the bimmer. It's all a question of what you look for. Is it looks, image or a great car. There is no better car then a porsche in equivalent categories. the 3 convertible is a hairdresser car also. So what you want from it, are you gonna track it, take the boxster no need to think. Are you going to cruise, take what you like. I'd say that a flying lap on Bira would have the boxster 2.7 3 to 4 seconds faster then the 328i convertible.

And before all start jumping, yes i have driven all and own the real thing.

Its not just the purchase costs tho.. I cannot imagine that maintaining a Porsche in Thailand is going to be a pleasurable experience, a Beemer may not be cheap but at least theres a pretty standard dealer network around and a pure guess would say resale would be an easier process with the beemer.

LivinLOS...Even if you had that "fake snake" you describe, I bet it would still be better than one of those awful Range Rovers :o

thaiboxer, have you seen or driven the new range rover ??? my exboss has a new supercharged 1 its governed DOWN to 500 bhp and 155mph ungovened i dont know what power it would have but i could never be put as ...awful ..

his other car is a bmw 6 soft top 5.0 ltr ( the first 1 to come to england ) thats also govened the same ...

...sorry this was off thread ... :D ...

Coming from the land of "muscle cars" (USA), I found the Porsche 911 to be a pleasure to drive. My folks had a second hand convertible 911 with the turbo body style, but with a non-turbo engine. Off the line, the 911 would give those monster muscle cars (Ford Mustang, Dodge Charger, etc) a real test, but in general handling/cornering, those muscle cars would be left WAY behind :D

I only got to drive that car twice, and in both cases I don't think my dad knew about it. Even my older brother who had MUCH nicer/newer cars than I had didn't get the chance to experience that car...something I love to rub in till this day! :D