Samart Satellite Tv

scorecard

I'm really tired of UBC repeats and generally poor quality programs, and so expensive.

Just picked up a brochure for Samart satellite TV, 4,500Baht once only charge for 100 channels.

Any other members using this service? If you are, please share your comments.

- Can different channels be viewed in different rooms in the house/condo (in Bangkok), does require further set up equipment, and extra costs?

- Do they offer: Network Australia, BCC World, CNN, etc?

- Is there any bilingual service?

- Is picture quality OK?

etc

Also, wondering whether this can be combined in any way with Samart internet services?

Also, wondering whether the TV service can be received through telephone line, along with normal telephone service and fast internet service.

Appreciate anything you can share, thanks.

I'm really tired of UBC repeats and generally poor quality programs, and so expensive.

Just picked up a brochure for Samart satellite TV, 4,500Baht once only charge for 100 channels.

Any other members using this service? If you are, please share your comments.

- Can different channels be viewed in different rooms in the house/condo (in Bangkok), does require further set up equipment, and extra costs?

- Do they offer: Network Australia, BCC World, CNN, etc?

- Is there any bilingual service?

- Is picture quality OK?

etc

Also, wondering whether this can be combined in any way with Samart internet services?

Also, wondering whether the TV service can be received through telephone line, along with normal telephone service and fast internet service.

Appreciate anything you can share, thanks.

I'm not using it, but like you would appreciate some more information. I saw the advert from the expressway driving in from Bang-Na this morning, and it definitely says 100+ channels.

G

Echo that...

Info anyone please.

It's been discussed a lot in past in technical forum, it's made mostly for Thais as vast majority of content in Thai, the box will offer more services in the future, and at the price, it's worth getting just to get wife happy etc

Shin also have a similar offering but less channels at the moment, cheaper box though

I like most people I know, am also disillusioned with the crappy service True offer.

I have just started researching other options, and have come across JSAT.TV

Looks like it is run by a farang, and appears to give lots of options.

I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Anyone have any dealings with this company? Experiences etc.

Options are what we need cos True in my opinion has just got worse and worse :o

I like most people I know, am also disillusioned with the crappy service True offer.

I am going to give them a call tomorrow. Anyone have any dealings with this company? Experiences etc.

Options are what we need cos True in my opinion has just got worse and worse :o

Good solid service, obviously at first not as cheap as True/UBC but in long run most people are far happier, many happy customers in the technical forum praise JSAT JSAT.TV I think is the web site

• 1 year later...

Options are what we need cos True in my opinion has just got worse and worse :)

Good solid service, obviously at first not as cheap as True/UBC but in long run most people are far happier, many happy customers in the technical forum praise JSAT JSAT.TV I think is the web site

I had a different experience. The "farang", Jon Clarke, was on holiday when I first called at their place on Sukhumvit 65. After a rack of phone calls and several abortive trips, my wife and I finally got to meet him, cash in hand, ready to buy a dish, and being complete novices, hoping for some kind of introductory explanation of how it all worked, or at least some enthusiasm for a potential customer. If you are intending to equip a hotel, and know what you're talking about, perhaps you get good service. But if you're an average Joe off the street, thirsting for knowledge, and want to buy something for home, forget it. A more surly, contemptuous, why-are-you-wasting-my-time, take-it-or-leave-it attitude one would have difficulty in finding in Thailand. We didn't take it; we left it, and got something else.

I got the 2000 baht system for the wife when I closed UBC and she likes it.  We own the thing and for 360 baht she got two movie channels for a year.  Dsat I beleave they call ours.  A lot of the movies have english sound track. There is also a Thai sports and a music vid channel.

its almost as cheap as a good antenna so why not.  It has all the same Thai programming that UBC had so its a good deal.  PS also has radio stations, if you live out in the sticks like us thats a cool thing.  and its been working vary well, they keep adding stations all the time.

• 9 months later...

Did you ever JSAT Tv? Im going to bin my DTV, dont want TRUE, is this system any good?

Many English speaking. decents sports. movie channels?

Thanks

I had a different experience. The "farang", Jon Clarke, was on holiday when I first called at their place on Sukhumvit 65. After a rack of phone calls and several abortive trips, my wife and I finally got to meet him, cash in hand, ready to buy a dish, and being complete novices, hoping for some kind of introductory explanation of how it all worked, or at least some enthusiasm for a potential customer. If you are intending to equip a hotel, and know what you're talking about, perhaps you get good service. But if you're an average Joe off the street, thirsting for knowledge, and want to buy something for home, forget it. A more surly, contemptuous, why-are-you-wasting-my-time, take-it-or-leave-it attitude one would have difficulty in finding in Thailand. We didn't take it; we left it, and got something else.

Frankly I cannot confirm this at all. I discovered JSAT TV when I was still abroad, and asked them questions via email. I was promptly answered and completely.

Just note that JSAT TV is really an installer with a great internet sales site. The "packages" are mostly the free channels that are being picked up via sattelite, and contain indeed a Dutch Package (1 station BVN), a French Package (1 station TV5) and a German Package (1 station Deutsche Welle), I am not sure what they offer in their other packages, but mostly it is only the free channels. This is what they say on their site about USA Package:

"As the USA is located on the other side of the world, there are no direct sattelite signals available in Thailand (as the sattelite signals do not go through the earth) so we have to rely on what the content providers (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX etc) are relaying via other sattelites to Asia. This narrows the field down to only a few networks and channels." Primarily you are looking at getting VOA and CSPAN...

I live in a multistory building so do not have a choice in TV connection, the owners also do not want me to install my own sattelite, but I did convince them to install an additional dish that feeds BVN to the whole building, so I am happy.