Swollen Eyelids

kmart

Wonder if anyone else has had a problem with this/

Recently, upon waking in the morning, i have found my eyelids and surrounding tissue to be swollen and puffy. This gradually subsides during the daytime, but sometimes not. The swelling is not painful and doesn't affect my eyesight...

I take occasional medicines for gout treatment (Indocin), and have my room and aircon cleaned regularly, and cannot understand why my eyes are swollen up all the time. My blood pressure is normal, and apart from the previously mentioned gout treatment I am in otherwise excellent health.

Wonder is it a seasonal (bacterial) thing? Has anyone else been having this problem? :o

Dunno if related to your case or not, but some people get swollen eyelids from an allergy to aspirin.

This might be LIFE THREATENING in such cases, because if eyelid gets swollen due to aspirin allergy, it is possible that something in the air breathing passage also gets swollen simultaneously and this may suffocate the victim to death.

I am one such unlucky individual who gets swollen eyelids from aspirin, so I had to stop completely due to the possible risk.

Dunno if related to your case or not, but some people get swollen eyelids from an allergy to aspirin.

This might be LIFE THREATENING in such cases, because if eyelid gets swollen due to aspirin allergy, it is possible that something in the air breathing passage also gets swollen simultaneously and this may suffocate the victim to death.

I am one such unlucky individual who gets swollen eyelids from aspirin, so I had to stop completely due to the possible risk.

Thanks for the reply. I don't take aspirin but I think I may have had a reaction to some multivitamins and diet supplements I have been taking. I have since stopped taking these and the swelling has subsided already. :o The doctor gave me some sterile drops and said that there is a huge change in the bacteria present in the air right now due to the cool weather. Its probably a good idea to buy some eye lotion and keep your peepers clean all the time.