Taxi Ride From hel_l (new Airport) To Pattaya

Jingthing

Thanks for the recommendation, Mr T's number is now in my phone.

I'm one month away from returning, should I annoy him with an email yet, or just call up a few days prior do you reckon?

Does anyone know the latest guesstimate for the completion of the road-works en route? Most painful experience of my last trip was the 2+ hour trip to Pattaya :o

Sorrry ,2 hours is the norm, and the road works have been going on for the last 18 years i have been coming here,

i always tell them 3 or 4 times before heading off that toll is included and ask if they understand. Believe me they understand but will take you for a sucker if you dont stress the point. If they wont understand get another taxi there are thousands of them

If they have nice cars, they are more likely to want to take care of them: Limo Pattaya 1200 baht inclusive

Their website is inconclusive re- Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi. Talks up Suvarnabhumi airport pickup but doesn't specifically state Pattaya pickup for a trip in the opposite direction is available. But does if you are leaving from U-tapao?

Since they are based in Jomtien, I wouldn't be concerned about availability from Pattaya. The same prices apply. 1200 one way. 2200 return. Road toll fees included.

If they have nice cars, they are more likely to want to take care of them: Limo Pattaya 1200 baht inclusive

Their website is inconclusive re- Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi. Talks up Suvarnabhumi airport pickup but doesn't specifically state Pattaya pickup for a trip in the opposite direction is available. But does if you are leaving from U-tapao?

Since they are based in Jomtien, I wouldn't be concerned about availability from Pattaya. The same prices apply. 1200 one way. 2200 return. Road toll fees included.

Oops! Missed that. But maybe they should include that route on their website? If an old fart like me missed it, then a visitor surfing for options would have no hope.

I will give 'em a shot next Monday!

Next time if it is a reasonable hour get the Bell Travel bus. :o

Quite agree. I've used Bell Travel on my last two visits, & although the coaches leave only every 2 hours, if your timing's right you get a good comfortable hassle-free journey that takes 1.5 hours for 150 baht + a free minibus drop-off from the North Pattaya bus station to your hotel. Avoid the worry of being landed with a lunatic cab driver, and & for the money you save you can get a few massages!

i always tell them 3 or 4 times before heading off that toll is included and ask if they understand. Believe me they understand but will take you for a sucker if you dont stress the point. If they wont understand get another taxi there are thousands of them

I presume you're talking about regular taxis from Airport to Pattaya.

I've never had a problem with the driver asking for tolls either from BKK, or the Airport to Pattaya. Maybe I was lucky.

Hi

I have booked with this company for our arrival next week staying for 4 weeks

Filled in their email form onsite on Saturday, got a reply same day confirming they will take our booking.

They confirmed the total cost return including tolls etc was 2200 from Bangkok airport to Jomtien

Look forward to a pleasant journey!

Edited by lizzy

• 1 month later...

I'm one month away from returning, should I annoy him with an email yet, or just call up a few days prior do you reckon?

Does anyone know the latest guesstimate for the completion of the road-works en route? Most painful experience of my last trip was the 2+ hour trip to Pattaya :o

I'd leave it till a few days before you return. Once they have your name and flight details it's as good as done. A mobile number comes in handy too so they can call you at the airport to verify your return.

Last time I returned I was a bit slow coming through because I did some duty free shopping and the driver called me to check if I was coming.

He didn't show at the airport as he promised by email a day or so beforehand. I called him and woke him, after him trying to wake himself up, I asked if ANYONE was coming to get me, to which he answered "no".

Maybe I was unlucky, ****

I'd leave it till a few days before you return. Once they have your name and flight details it's as good as done. A mobile number comes in handy too so they can call you at the airport to verify your return.

Last time I returned I was a bit slow coming through because I did some duty free shopping and the driver called me to check if I was coming.

He didn't show at the airport as he promised by email a day or so beforehand. I called him and woke him, after him trying to wake himself up, I asked if ANYONE was coming to get me, to which he answered "no".

Maybe I was unlucky, ****

Sorry to hear this.

There's no doubt you were unlucky, but services in Thailand are never 100%.

If I was expecting a pick up at the airport and there wasn't someone waiting for me when I arrived I'd just take a regular taxi. There's only 400 baht difference.

Sh*t happens.

I have a few questions about taxi's

3) Why is there no high speed rail link to Pattaya?

I guess you would call it the Sex Tourist Express? :o Doubt there will ever be a rail link, there will never be the traffic to support such a thing.

6) Is the BTS eventually going to reach the airport one day?

The BTS is never going to the airport. There is a separate Airport Link, under the State Railroad, that is being constructed now (and is about 2 years behind schedule) but it will not link to the BTS. There will be a large station, with airline check-in behind lower Sukhumivt. Going to be a pain to get to. .

TH